NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello; I am looking for information, background on a 1982 22' Tripp Angler with a 230 hp OMC inboard. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks

Scratcher

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 22' Tripp Angler is a great boat. The boat is built by F. L. Tripp & Sons, Westport Point, Mass. I bought one, new, in 1972 and fished it for 7 years in Western L. I. Sound. The boat is extremely well built and a handles well in rough water. It's basicly a lobster boat type hull with a full keel on the inboard model (it is also avaiable in an outboard model). Note that I said "is". Tripp is still building the 22'and 18' Anglers and I'm sure if you call them they can answer any questions you have. I'm fishing a flats boat now but would not hesitate to buy an other Tripp's boat if I went back to trolling.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Redfisher; Many thanks for the info on the Tripp Angler. I have been aware of them for awhile, but never knew anyone who had owned one - until I bought the one described. I'm looking forward to getting to know the boat. I'm planning a winter trip up to the Tripp's boatyard so I can see how they're made and ask them questions. I think I'll need to replace the deck on mine in the next year or two, but everything else looks sound. The boat seems top-shelf in terms of construction and parts. I'm looking forward to the fuel economy of the inboard (vs. my old 200 hp outboard). It was interesting to note that in the paperwork I received with the boat the original owner had traded a '70 Tripp Angler in for this '82, so I guess he liked the design. The boat lived most of its life in Quogue. Again, thanks for the info.

tight lines and high backcasts,

Scratcher

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.