NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing as a quick-connect transducer that is easily swapped between a 20 degree and an 8 degree cone, with the connection right at the transducer?

It would be nice to be able to switch depending if I'm fishing the harbor at 40' versus the banks at

shebeen

(This post edited by shebeen on 05/22/2005)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Theyve got all types of these things, 90 degs. swivaling, Im pretty sure even remote adjustable just as questioned.
Im not sure if I understand the question fully. My first thought was if your scope cant give you readings of a 40'Harbor and also a 300 ' ledge then you need a better machine, more watts ect.
Not a swivaling transducer.
Alan

This message was edited by Scalawag on 12-28-01 @ 10:50 PM

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scalawag
I think I've got enough power but it's just that in deep water with a 20 degree cone I get a dirty picture towards the bottom (not that kind of dirty picture!). The 20 is good at shallower depth where I wouldn't want to use an 8 degree because an 8 would give me a smaller view of the bottom.
Anyway, I might end up buying new equipment and I'd rather not have two transducers hanging off the transom.

Gamakatsu
Do you know who makes those rigs?

Thanks guys,
shebeen

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
shebeen,

I have a Lowrance and had both transducers. What I would do was just disconnect one (black push in connectors) and connect the other. I found that I ended up using the 8 deg all the time and took the other one off the boat. Since your out of Portsmouth, like me you won't need the shallow one since most of your fishing will be deep.

Eagle/Lorance sells a transducer switch box for around $70 but that was too much $$ for the little use which was expected.

Capt. Marc

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Shebeen,

I am quite sure that most manufactuers make them, but I am positive that Sitex and Simrad make them. You may want to take Capt. Marc's advice and get a single frequency transducer as the others are going to be more costly. Just to give you an idea, the Sitex CVS-106 is popular (although I have no experience with it) and it will set you back $600 - $700. I hope that this helps you out.

Gamakatsu

This message was edited by Gamakatsu on 12-29-01 @ 9:09 AM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.