NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have problems with their transducer going out of alignment when you launch your boat and is there anyway to prevent it.On my smaller boat all I had to do was reach down and correct it,but what do you do on larger boats?My boat has an 1/4" aluminum hull so I can't have it mounted internally.

·
Registered
46 Posts
For starters the trailer should not be interfering with the transducer. If so, your boat is up too far on the trailer. The transducer should be able to kick up under a hit so not to rip it off. Start with the trailer and you should be fine.

FV Moody Blues

·
Registered
404 Posts
frank 46,

not sure what is putting your transducer out of alignment.

1/4 inch thick aluminum hull is good stuff.

did you find that used pacific cc that you were looking for? please tell what you got.

set,
opinari

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Opinari,
Didn't fine the used Pacific but had a 21'welded aluminum CC built by Silver Streak in Vancouver,BC.It was shipped last Wed.and should arrive tomorrow.My transducer post was probably premature as I wanted to eliminate any problems before I had them.

·
Registered
404 Posts
frank 46,

congratulations on your new boat.

did you buy new?

how much was freight from vancouver, british columbia?

why did you choose silver streak over pacific?

i'm into metal too, and i've had my eye on pacific cc's for a while. i'm not at all familiar with silver streak, but it sounds like a good quality boat. please tell us more, with a photo - if possible. who knows, maybe george will let us have a tin boat forum;).

set,
opinari

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Opinari,
I had the boat built for me and although I liked the Pacific this is why I went with Silver Streak.

I liked the 8'5" beam on the 21'Silver Streak and the 1/4"hull.I would have had to go with the 23'Pacific to get that.Plus I got a lot more boat for the money,I'm talking boat cost not boat and shipping.I was originally going with the 19'Pacific but after looking at both decided to go with the SS.

Most of the aluminum boats are not painted on the inside,Silver Streak uses a product called Zolatone on the interior as an option.

I could have purchased a glass boat(package)for about half,but I wanted a work/fishing boat that was rugged,sea worthy and wouldn't have to worry if I put it on the rocks.

These boats are very popular on the west coast from Oregon to Alaska, in some of the most demanding conditions.They are just starting to catch on here.

As for the shipping,it cost $3100.to ship to Mystic,Ct.,but keep in mind they wanted me to wait for a guy in NY that wanted one and we could have split the cost of shipping.

It is going to be powered by a 130hp Honda,it will do everything I need to do.

I have spoken with fishermen on both coasts who own these boats and love them,can't wait to use mine.

Hope I have answered some of your questions.

This message was edited by Frank 46 on 2-26-02 @ 8:50 AM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.