NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
You cant use it. Its the copper and other stuff in there that'll whack out the readings.
One of thoses little containers of transducer paint lasts for years.
What I do is borrow it from a friend every season after he comes over for his annual sandpaper allowence. Most people wont mind letting you borrow a coat or 2 because it'll dry out before the container could ever be used up.
It's cheap to buy also.
alan

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've used that little container. I think its from MDR. Not real happy with the results. I'm told by FURUNO that water base antifouling paints are OK. Petit makes a couple and Woolsey makes one. Was wondering if any one had any experience with any of those?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I thought his ques. was can you use reg. bottom paint.
& if it was i'd still say NO!
I used MDR without problems,
allthough Ive had to take the hand brush to it towards the end of season

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My experience with MDR is that at the end of every season I have some growth and the occasional barnacle that I assume is reducing the effectiveness of the ducer. I would rather not dive under the boat several times a season to scrub it. I have heard that Neptune II from Woolsey works well, but I'll be buying a quart! If anyone in RI wants to share my lifetime supply, give me an e-mail at [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.