1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so....
Toyota 4 runner v8 4x4

or a Nissan Pathfinder v8 4x4

Same price, same MPG, and same tow capacity.
Which would you take, and why?

·
Registered
13,647 Posts
On my 2nd. Nissan Frontier, and will buy a 3rd. in the near future. I put over 250,000 miles on each one, no problems other then routine maintenance.

I have had some problems with their service departments, but if you yell enough they do the right thing.

MakoMatt

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
I looked into both last year. Whatever you decide they are both good vehicles.

I went with the 4Runner Sport Edition V8

I liked the way it looked better, and the rear window rolls down (via dashboard switch) instead of popping up. That little thing makes backing up with the trailer much easier.

Attachments

·
Administrator
112,311 Posts
Their both good SUV'S if you keep them maintained they will last you a long time but i must say we do more path finder tranny's than 4 runner's

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I had a 1990 4runner. Loved it. What Koz said about the rear window was the same reason I chose the 4runner over the pathfinder. Besides the towing advandge, its also easier to carry long items that hang out the back window when it rolls down as opposed to popping up.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
likeitreallyis wrote:
take them both and run them into each other at 40 mph and report the results..

not that I care, just would love to see imports in that condition

No pot stirring there??

My guess is that they'd end up in the same shape as if you crashed an explorer and a trailblazer into each other head on. Actually they might fair a bit better as the trailblazer has a bit lower crash ratings.

·
Registered
7,855 Posts
I have a 2002 Pathfinder with 110,000 miles...All I ever changed was tires, batteries and oil.

Edit: Forgot to add also changed brakes and windshield wipers...

This post edited by algreek3 09:42 AM 01/18/2008

·
Administrator
112,311 Posts
Makoman16 wrote:
I leased a Pathfinder 36 months ago. When my lease is up in another 3 months, I'll lease a new one without looking at another vehicle.

my brother inlaw just bought a new pathfinder about 2 months ago he loves it

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
I haven't talked to one "new style" PF owner that has anything bad to say about them, and I've talked to plenty. My only gripe is that in order to add the 3rd row of seating to compete with the Durango at the time, they moved the middle seats up a touch and there really isn't as much room in the 2nd row as there show be, IMHO. But ask me if I care; I drive!

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
PURSUITWA wrote:
likeitreallyis wrote:

No pot stirring there??

My guess is that they'd end up in the same shape as if you crashed an explorer and a trailblazer into each other head on. Actually they might fair a bit better as the trailblazer has a bit lower crash ratings.

inside joke..

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
likeitreallyis wrote:
PURSUITWA wrote:
likeitreallyis wrote:

No pot stirring there??

inside joke..

I know, I was part of the other thread;)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
4 Runner

I test drove the Pathfinder in 05. There was something missing, it had great pick up and I didn't like the breaks. The next day I tried the Highlander was very comfy, then tried the 4 Runner. All I can say was "I'm home". I bounced the truck in and out of the city for 2 years, I wouldn't be without it now. No guys I don't do the mileage you do, I only have 21,300 today. The wife is afraid of it too big.

·
Registered
18,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bluefish69 wrote:
I test drove the Pathfinder in 05. There was something missing, it had great pick up and I didn't like the breaks. The next day I tried the Highlander was very comfy, then tried the 4 Runner. All I can say was "I'm home". I bounced the truck in and out of the city for 2 years, I wouldn't be without it now. No guys I don't do the mileage you do, I only have 21,300 today. The wife is afraid of it too big.

My wife feels the same way about mine....
Oh sorry we talking about trucks... ;)

I was kinda leaning towards the Toyota, but my Nissan dealer just upped the ante and now unless Toyota steps up...I might end up with a Pahtfinder. Either way, the MiniVan(2000 OdesseyEX) I got from my wife, when I got her a new car, has to go.

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
My wife does not think the 4Runner is too big, well compared to my Chevy Express van (that she was petrified to drive, and only did a couple of times
) the 4Runner is smallish.

It rides really well, and drives like a car not a truck. She has driven the 4Runner several times and is very comfortable with it.

My only complaint is that the interior cargo space is small in the 4Runner. Then again I was used to a full sized van (with rear bench/sofa seat removed:rolleyes:) to haul around my crap. That was great, coolers, toolboxes, fishing gear; you name it I had it in there. :)

Now I have to rotate and figure out what I need before I go someplace:rolleyes:.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.