NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best towing service for running out of Montauk. I've had Sea Tow for several years which runs out of diamond cove and have never used it, but I've heard some horror stories about some of their franchises. Also, what's it gonna cost me if I'm past the 25 mile limit. I sometimes exceed this when I'm sharking. Thanks.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Towing In Montauk

So far I've been lucky and not had to utilize the service. Two years ago I purchased Boat US towing. It wasn't until after I purchased it that I realized that the closest Boat US location was Groton Conneticut. Last Year I purchased SeaTow. I don't know if they are any better, but I like the fact that they sail out of Montauk. I've spoken with the SeaTow driver a number of times and he seems to be a stand up person.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't know about Montauk but I had Sea Tow out in Great Bay and needed them twice last year. Once I wasn't even on the boat but they cover the boat not the owner so it was covered. The time I needed them they were prompt and courteous. No complaints and will get it again this year. Last year alone with the 2 service calls would have cost me over $1200. So the way I figure it, if I never use the service again its worth the money just to be safe!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.