NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the sense of posting how many fish you caught and how great you are, if you do not give a location,bait or lure, tide, times. It is just a waste of time to hear some tool say they caught 98 seabass yesterday going again in morning. Big Woop!

· Registered
2,127 Posts
Wit u on dat 1

MeanBean, I'm with you. I would be happy with a generic where. You'll never see a GPS coordinate but a general area would be nice. Than you could check the tide yourself. Be happy they are at least posting something. I surf cast and on any given weekend the beaches look like a parking lot at a Rolling Stones Concert but we're lucky if there are 10-15 posts from Montauk to JB. For the most part the Fall run is here. Just get out when you can and hit the tide and spots you know work.

· Registered
3,127 Posts
HOT SPOT

Surface-quote:
I surf cast and on any given weekend the beaches look like a parking lot at a Rolling Stones Concert but we're lucky if there are 10-15 posts from Montauk

You answered your own question-We don't want Rolling Stoners all over da sweet spot--HOWEVER-general areas will always be given out and if you Private message someone I'm sure they would give you helpful ideas

· Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not looking to find someones "hotspot" i fish 2 to 3 times a week on my on boat,but i think the JUNK posts of "I got 1'987 fish and will kill them again tomorrow" are worthless,i like to go over the posts daily and thse type are a waste of time.

· Registered
844 Posts
There are some posts from my own area that are somewhat vague, yet I find them useful. To me, to know that someone was able to make a decent catch of a certain species in a general area is useful to know. With this information I might attempt to target that species using my own knowledge of various likely hotspots in that area.

Keep them coming.

· Registered
3,127 Posts
Help me Rhonda

Prblm and NightCaster

Thankyou-We've been thru this question many times-

Surface-If you fish the StonyBrook North shore area I'll only be too happy to tell all on a PM-Truthfully I used to post but got mugged one time too many-beside no one would believe my numbers-LOL:)

· Registered
447 Posts
Hey Yo...POMF

Parker OM Face,

See thats whats its all about, Friendship brother. Emphasizing what I posted earlier, make contacts with guys here. Take Andy POMF for example, The Fluke King. He runs the POMF fishing team...... His posts always have the pertinent information....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.