NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
You?re not doing anything wrong, Loligo.

We?re all facing a tidal wave of opposition to what we love to do and it builds higher and stronger every year. You?re just doing the right thing at the wrong time.

Recs will complain but we will survive and adapt to the crumbs that we are ultimately allowed to keep. End of the day I walk away from the boat and think about what I always do to make a dollar. I may not be happy but I will survive.

Small commercial guys, party and charter boat operators have to face the same growing tidal wave, but they live from their boats so the damage can be devastating.

I know that you know this already, John, but I just wanted to say that not everyone is oblivious to what guys like you are facing and some of us care.

From the bottom of my heart, I wish you a Happy and a Healthy Holiday and a Prosperous New Year.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
X's 2

the small guy is always going to get effed with, no matter what, I remeber one day on the captree boats listening to the rec guys on the radio yelling at a gillnetter over the radio, Pi$$ed me off to NO END, I said over the radio, let me come to your job and screw with you while your working, the responses where less than cordial I assure you, the boat was small and I knew the guy, he wouldn't defend himself, it wasn't in his nature. My grandfather owned a skimmer boat called the Lucky Strike in Shinne**** and my dad spent a good part of his life working deck on that tub and scratch raking hard clams all through school, I sold my first porgy to Stuarts seafood in amagansett when I was 7 from my own boat...(the guy who picked up my grandfathers clams used to give me .50 a porgy thats big money in for a 7 y/o in 1977) So to see people enjoying their HOBBY only to start getting mad at someone who is WORKING is UNEQUIVOCALLY WRONG!!!!!, That, to me, would be like some one who likes to take their $50,000 fully restored muscle car out "on a sunday drive" and getting mad at the local sheriff who pulls him over, or the DOT worker who stops him because they are fixing a road. This is my long winded way of saying I feel for ya Loligo, with the bureaucrats on one side and the holier than thou Hobby lobbyist (recs) and the Giant corporate backed comms, I foresee a very rough future for this scenario, very rough...God speed, fight the good fight

This post edited by walkingontime 09:02 AM 01/03/2008

·
Registered
10,830 Posts
I know what you are doing wrong !!!

1st, You forgot to shave this morning.
:rolleyes:
;)

2nd but most important, you are just getting OLDER !!;) Yeah, that's what you do when you get OLDER. I think it's called "Reminiscing". Enjoy it.
:)

Nice looking family !!

Don

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
John- you aint doing nothing wrong, brotha! Dont forget that!

Great video, I had missed that when you first put it up, just saw it for the first time...good stuff. That song is sad, though! Dont give up, brotha, keep the faith!

This post edited by twofinbluna 11:08 PM 01/09/2008

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.