NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be the wrong place, the wrong time, and people may hate me for this but i am going to state the facts anyway.

I dont understand how every single person on this site is here for the same reason.. to share info ,learn new things, find out whats going on in the fishing world, and most important of all meet new friends... Yet it seems all people enjoy doing on here is bashing other people and ridiculing everything they say..

I have been seeing it alot lately i think it is about time for people to start respecting each other around here. If someone makes a comment and you do not agree with it then just leave it to yourself and dont bring it up.. Just like MOMMY taught everyone " If you do not have anything nice to say do not say it at all" THAT STILL WORKS TODAY FOR EVERYONE!

People bring up info on changing line and changing rigging on lures all the time, and people talk all trash saying it is stupid.. Well it isnt it is what some people do and if you dont do it fine.. leave it at that..

People make posts to help out other people and DISCUSS certain things not DEBATE AND ARGUE!

READ THE TOP IT IS A DISCUSSION BOARD NOT A DEBATE BOARD!

It is so sad to see all this happening and such a good site taken over by people who can not accept other peoples wishes, dream, knowledge, and know how. If someone says something happened and you dont believe it! GOOD DONT! just dont say stupid comments try to make yourself feel better.

If someone knows more than you and doesnt do it just liek you WHO CARES DEAL WITH IT!

There is no one on this board that is a professional fisherman and if they are great!!! Professionals make money and get paid!

PEOPLE ON HERE NEED TO EASE UP AND ACCEPT PEOPLES OPINIONS NOT DEBATE AND HATE!!!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Sportfishingusa wrote:
This may be the wrong place, the wrong time, and people may hate me for this but i am going to state the facts anyway.

I dont understand how every single person on this site is here for the same reason.. to share info ,learn new things, find out whats going on in the fishing world, and most important of all meet new friends... Yet it seems all people enjoy doing on here is bashing other people and ridiculing everything they say..

I have been seeing it alot lately i think it is about time for people to start respecting each other around here. If someone makes a comment and you do not agree with it then just leave it to yourself and dont bring it up.. Just like MOMMY taught everyone " If you do not have anything nice to say do not say it at all" THAT STILL WORKS TODAY FOR EVERYONE!

People bring up info on changing line and changing rigging on lures all the time, and people talk all trash saying it is stupid.. Well it isnt it is what some people do and if you dont do it fine.. leave it at that..

People make posts to help out other people and DISCUSS certain things not DEBATE AND ARGUE!

READ THE TOP IT IS A DISCUSSION BOARD NOT A DEBATE BOARD!

It is so sad to see all this happening and such a good site taken over by people who can not accept other peoples wishes, dream, knowledge, and know how. If someone says something happened and you dont believe it! GOOD DONT! just dont say stupid comments try to make yourself feel better.

If someone knows more than you and doesnt do it just liek you WHO CARES DEAL WITH IT!

There is no one on this board that is a professional fisherman and if they are great!!! Professionals make money and get paid!

PEOPLE ON HERE NEED TO EASE UP AND ACCEPT PEOPLES OPINIONS NOT DEBATE AND HATE!!!

Debate and discussion are pretty much the same thing. I noticed you signed up here 9/07 so this is your first winter on Noreast.

Thus it has ever been, thus it will ever be.

I find the dumber the post, the greater the disagreement (debate).

People respond to posts for various reasons.

Possibly because misinformation can be dangerous. Someone may take the dumb ideas posted on an internet site seriously and end up getting hurt or hurting someone else.

Then again some people argue (discuss, debate) because they enjoy it.

Either way, if you can't take the heat, stay out of the oven.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has nothing to do with that.. Discussion and debate are two seperate things.. see it takes another person like you! to ruin something..

yes i have been on here since 09/07 and you have been on here for alomst 4 yrs and i have almost just as many posts inputed.. Leave the thread alone if you have nothing but negativity like everyone else.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
"if some people's ego's where as big as the fish they catch...they'd have no ego's at all." -toyotaoffroad91 (really dont know what it means just felt like saying haha).....

just gotta learn who the good people on here are...then just ignore the rest...

This post edited by toyotaoffroad91 03:13 PM 01/30/2008

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
From the Terms of Service (link on bottom of page)

The following is strictly prohibited on the Noreast.com message boards and may result in immediate account banning:

(5) Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the moderator team. Only do this if a moderator team member has not replied within 6 hours.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see it all day everyday mike.. it is sickening.. you guys are in the threads and making posts and people are just down rite horrible.. everyone has something to say.. i get my posts and threads deleted on a daily basis by matt but no one else ever does.. it is amazing.. it is like the non fisherman who just live on charter boats and think they know everything have something to say about everything and it is okay for them to attack us yet if we poke back we get in trouble..

just not a fair trade i dont believe.

just my HO

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Sportfishingusa wrote:
I see it all day everyday mike.. it is sickening.. you guys are in the threads and making posts and people are just down rite horrible.. everyone has something to say.. i get my posts and threads deleted on a daily basis by matt but no one else ever does.. it is amazing.. it is like the non fisherman who just live on charter boats and think they know everything have something to say about everything and it is okay for them to attack us yet if we poke back we get in trouble..

just my HO

Based on your reply, it appears you just don't get it.

Gonna use that ignore button now.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
MakoMike wrote:
The following is strictly prohibited on the Noreast.com message boards and may result in immediate account banning:

(5) Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the moderator team. Only do this if a moderator team member has not replied within 6 hours.

Just to clarify, when a topic is raised, it is ok as a member to disagree with someone, it is not OK to pretend you are a moderator and tell someone to go away (although advising them about heat and ovens is fine).

Did I get that right?

Can't remember the last time I was edited or deleted, but its been sa while. Am I overdue? :(

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
Sportfishingusa wrote:

just my HO

Who is "us", "we", "You guys" and "people"?

As for "everyone has something to say" Isn't that the point of discussion boards?

"No one else ever does" you're not paying close enough attention..

"it is okay for them to attack us" use the report button if you feel you are personally being attacked.

"if we poke back we get in trouble" only if you poke back at the person not if you poke back at the statement.

I think you need a refresher course on the Term that you agreed to to use these boards.

Terms of Service

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Other people ruin everything!

Sportfishingusa wrote:
people are just down rite horrible

Come on, don't hold back - name some names. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope to make the list.

Sportfishingusa wrote:
your all rediculous.. have a nice day..

Right after you change your tampon, that is. Take your time, we'll wait.

This post edited by FishWisher 03:52 PM 01/30/2008

·
Registered
13,647 Posts
BIG RAGU wrote:
i get my posts and threads deleted on a daily basis by matt but no one else ever does..
Vinny, be honest now Vinny, that's not true. Here it is almost 4:00pm and I have not edited, or deleted, anything you posted today,.. not yet anyway. Nor have I banned you today either.

You are doing good today.

Enjoy.

MakoMatt

This post edited by MakoMatt 03:52 PM 01/30/2008

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
obtuseangler wrote:

Just to clarify, when a topic is raised, it is ok as a member to disagree with someone, it is not OK to pretend you are a moderator and tell someone to go away (although advising them about heat and ovens is fine).

Did I get that right?
Well actually, Obtuse, you got it wrong. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The saying goes: if you can?t take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Not oven ? no one willingly goes into the oven.
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Sportfishingusa wrote:

just my HO

There's a difference between Robert's Rules of Order, and Discussion Boards. As mentioned before, if dissention were not allowed, many people would be getting bad info, or thinking that there was only one outlook on a topic.

You complain that everyone has something to say, but you're averaging over five posts a day. All over the road. And there aren't many people that do get deleted on a daily basis. Usually after a few deletions, they either read the TOS, or figure out what is going to get deleted, and avoid it.

And shall I touch on the sentence where you discount the knkowledge of charter boat fishermen? Remember MOMMY'S rule. For the record, about when during your three month tenure did you notice the degradation of the site by the charter fishermen?

If you don't want to hear what others have to say, you should have a blog, not visit a Discussion Board. If you want a specific regimen of responses, volunteer to be the moderator in the up-coming "Milk and Honey Forum."

I think things go pretty well on this site, from what Iv'e seen around. Sure it gets a little warm at times, and people get ruffleds at times, but that's how people communicate, especially people who are experienced and passionate about their topics.

By the way, I, like many others here, get paid to fish. I don't think that makes me any more arrogant, nor do I use that to try and force my opinion, or even facts, on others. I say what I have to say, sometimes, and fully expect others to voice their opinion if they disagree, or bring facts, if they have them. There comes a time when I give up on trying to help someone understand the other side, so take the existance this post as a compliment.

Paul

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
don't know what started this latest thread that is about to go Jerry Springer on us..

everyone loves me..

I keep every opinion to myself. ;)

The tampon thing is getting as old as B40. though come on let's dig up our own insults..

Sport what started you on the tirade?

1 - 20 of 171 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.