NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Not too sure about how to read the tide tables in the LIF...what's the deal there? And what's that whole bit about incoming and outgoing water?? Could never seem to figure that one out. Anyone have any insight here?
Btw, anyone been doin herring fishing lately at Magnolia early mornings or evenings -- is it even worth it with the dismal amt of fish this season? :rolleyes::confused:

Lingcatcher

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
The tide and current tables in LIF have very limited use. Buy a copy of Eldridge. The tables are almost as complete as the NOS tables and there is an explination of how they are used. Great book and well worth the seaonal investment.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
http://www.tidesonline.com/

This web site works well for me. It give high and low tides so there's a little less math for you. Plus, if you create a shortcut on the tides table it will pull up the correct month and day for that location location you chose the first time, very convenient.

As far as understanding tides, I would explain it but it is a very long winded explination for a computer. My suggestion is to pickup a book on tides, you'll learn more than anyone will be able to tell you. The Fishermans Ocean by David Ross is a good book, tides, moon and alot more. You can also do a google search, I've seen some cool animations on tides in you-tube.

Any other questions feel free to post or pm.

This post edited by 6to8ftSeas 02:26 PM 01/24/2008

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.