NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last nights high tide at Jones Inlet(Point Lookout) was reported (by this web site and one other source) to be at 5:59 PM. The tide didn't stop coming in until 7:20 PM and remained slack for at least another half hour to 40 minutes after that. This was frustrating because my plan was to leave the dock around 6:00 PM and set up so I was fishing into the bridge for the first three(or so) hours of the outgoing tide. My plan was to be setup and fishing(for bass) by 6:40 since normal slack is about 40 minutes in that area. Since I was chumming with clam bellies I didn't want to have to change spots and start another chum line. I was fishing by the third Meadowbrook bridge so it was easy for me to see the current passing by the columns so it wasn't just the wind or my imagination pushing my boat. Last night(5/23) there was a SSW wind of, I would guess, 15 knots plus we're two night away from a full moon. I'm thinking that the wind direction and speed, and moon tide caused a mini-surge that threw off tide predictions.

My question is: Is there a better way for me to go about estimating tide changes better so this doesn't happen to me again?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.