NorEast Fishing Forum banner

This weekend 10/12

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  bigbillybass 
#1 ·
I have a trip planned to Montauk this weekend, the forecast looks like pretty nasty, since I have booked a hotel I will head out anyway. I have a saturday night Bass trip on the Sea Otter which i think won't fly. Is there any areas that are better than others to fish in the Surf with a Noreaster. I will probably stick to the beaches not the rocks, don't want to lose my 8 and 10 yr old.
Any help would be appreciated

#5 ·
the weather

This weekend does look a bit iffy with switching winds blowing pretty hard. Last year, Columbus day saw unbelievably poor fishing if some of you remember and had some very similar conditions. There was the big tournament, with at least 75 guys working at Shagwong. I saw one bass come in and it wasn't mine and it wasn't impressive. With this years hot weekday action, the weekends being pretty poor overall,does anyone have some predictions for this Columbus day?

#7 ·
According to recent reports, there should be fish all along the North, Front and South sides!

meandtheboyz posted:
I will probably stick to the beaches not the rocks, don't want to lose my 8 and 10 yr old.

meandtheboyz
I totally agree with you on that! You definitely don't want to take your kids along the rocky sides since it is extremely dangerous and probably very crowded as well. Work the "South" beaches and have plenty of 1 ½ oz. White bucktail tipped with pork rind -or- curly tails. Also, if the fish are a tad far and you need the distance, be sure to have a few tins with you! Hope this helps! ;)

anthonyale posted:
More specifically .....The southside beaches right behind town to hither Hills are safe sand beaches that can be very productive too.

anthonyale
Good point! FYI: The past few days the schools are already along the beach fronts!

chumface posted:
This weekend does look a bit iffy with switching winds blowing pretty hard. …With this years hot weekday action, the weekends being pretty poor overall,does anyone have some predictions for this Columbus day?

chumface
Sure… I am willing to give a prediction. With the recent cold snaps that we had… It's going to move the big schools around and we should see plenty of fish! ;)

"Crazy" Alberto
NonStopFisher@aol.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.