NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AAAHHHHGGGG!!! Help me!! I'm turning into a Tu-Tu wearn, whippy rod usin, bug tossin, FLY RODDER!!

Man, I go and catch some freakn pet trout and I think I related to a Wulff or something :)

Sooooo... this weekend has me looking at what options I have for getting the long rod out. There are a few places that are open year round and I'm going to explore some of them.

Ramapo River in Rockland county, Hessian Lake, Walton and Round Lakes all have year round trout seasons. A section of the Beverkill is open also, but to C&R fishing with artificals only.

Whats your opinions and what do you do to shake off the cold and wet a tippet?

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
The East Branch of the Croton River is also open year round. It is also crowded year round. There are a bunch of good spots that get pounded (under the bridge being the most obvious) with Nymphs and Streamers. I move downstream and cast nymphs into the runs and along the edges of fast moving water. It would be nice to do this when it warms up into the 40's in March.

Take a look at the Bead Heads in that Black box - there are some orangish ones with grey thoraxes - good choice for that river.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Too bad its part of the NYC reservoir system and therfore still closed untill we get our permits back...

But think if your one of the first ones to get your permit, you'll have it all to yourself.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Hey flyman Crash...
Just an FYI: There are several Nassau lakes stocked with bows and browns. If you want... check out Massapuequa Res., South Pond and Twin Lakes. ;) Let me know if you want to harass those critters.

Otherwise... Make the call at Connetquot and fish those big fish beats. ;)

Tight Loops!

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.