NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where the partyboat Riptide is from? I was out fluking on Saturday Morining in Smithtown bay in the slop. This boat appeared from the West. He followed the James Joseph around for a while. Then he started following some private boats around. It appeared as though the captain had no clue how or where to fish for fluke. He was basically copying the other boats around him. He was even doing a poor job at that too (he would end his drifts right before the boat was about to drift over some productive bottom). At one point in the day, he took the boat for a forty minute boat ride east to Cranes Neck, fished there for ten minutes, and then took them forty minutes back to where he started. I felt bad for the fares on that boat that day.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The Riptide seems to spend most of his time jigging for blues and does a fair job. Maybe that day's captain didn't know fluke. Last year someone gave it rave reviews, though for jigging blues, I doubt it can touch the Klondike with PP at the helm.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
The best North Shore party boat IMO was the now-gone Lady Lil II/III out of Glen Cove. Capt. Joe Finke was an awsome Captain and angler.

Ahhhh, those were the days! :)

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.