NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here it is...
the New Noreast.com Discussion Board. We realize it's a bit bare-bones right now, not a lot of neat features yet, but we had to rush to get it up because of how slow the old one was. It was slowing down the whole site!
So before we start rushing to add features to this new one, we'll ask you:
What features do you guys want on this new board? All suggestions are welcome.

nerd

· Registered
74 Posts
How about letting us send private messages to other memebers? I've seen some boards where you get an in-box to read your private messages.

I would also like to be able to edit my profile and add photos in the discussion.

I could probably go on but I'll don't want to sound spoiled.

Oh' hey .. what about those smily faces that crazy uses all the time . . .

· Registered
190 Posts
nice!

Hey george,
I like the new message board. A little weird though ( I guess it's just looks different than the old one...lol.).
It's a billion times faster than the old one.
Only things that I would improve on is:
1. being able to see what others said when you are replying to the message (someone already told you that one...lol.)
2. bring back the buttons (link, quote, etc...), it made it alot easier to do stuff.
3. make it even faster............LOL..just kidding :)
4. Free beer and pizza for everyone
Thanks for doing what you're doing.
~steve~
p.s. oh yea...I was just kidding about the free pizza......but beer would be nice ;)

· Registered
190 Posts
one other thing...i now, i know...I'm a pain in the "you know what"...lol :)
It's more of a question than a suggestion. Are the boards going to stay in the same order that they are in now, or are they going to be put back in the order that they used to be?
Maybe I'm just a weirdo, but since I'm used to seeing the boards in a certain order (surf fishing, boating angler, etc), but now they are out of order, it really is throwing me off as I'm trying to type....lol. Seriously though, I'm trying to type, but I'm all thrown off...it feels like the keyboard is crooked, and the keys are all mixed up.
I don't know...I'm just weird ;).
Anyway...I just wanted to ask if they were going to stay in this order, or go back to the old order?
Thanks again,
~steve~

· Premium Member
11,904 Posts
Order of Topics

I was just curious if anyone else noticed that the topics in each forum do not move up to the top in the order of date and time of the last post. If this is just my computer OK, I'll have to get a new computer. If it is the way the site is set up, I would like to see that feature added as well.

I would also like to see PM's added or at least the profile section where you can get someones e-mail. I can't seem to find them now.

Thanks

Chris

· Registered
2,401 Posts
Bassman wrote:
Oh' hey .. what about those smily faces that crazy uses all the time .

Huh? What are you talking about? I never use smiley faces…

Just kidding Bassman… Yes, I kinda miss the smiley faces… :) :( ;( and all the rest… :p

Hey Nerd… I sent George a few email comments… You may want to ask him… ;)

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

· Registered
190 Posts
No, in each category (offshore, surf, etc...). On the old board, when someone posted in a thread, that thread moved up to the top of the page, but that isn't happening on this new board. For example, this thread is in the Norest.com forum. Now that there is a new post in this thread, the thread used to move to the top of the page, but it's still at the bottom of the Noreast.com page.
In other words, this particular thread could still be active a year from now, but how the board is set up now, the thread would be like a 100 pages down in this category...lol.

· Registered
28 Posts
Suggestions

I liked the feature that displayed all posts from the last 24 hours, it made it much easier to quickly check in each day. Please put that feature back in. The posts appear out of order on the new board, is the date time on the right the time of the last response?

· Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
features, features and more features...

spinfreak, you haven't found the "free beer" button yet??? ;)

Keep it coming, everybody. Putting up this new board with no extra features on it yet gives us a unique opportunity to design it based specifically on what you, the users, want.

You can rest assured that all the features that were on the old board will soon be available on this board. Can anybody think of any new features they'd like (besides beer and pizza)? Were there any things you didn't like on the old board that we should leave out of the new board?

jim

· Registered
190 Posts
One other thing that comes to mind that was good on the old board is the e-mail feature. You know...where you can check the box and get an automatic e-mail when someone replies to your message.
That was helpful when you didn't have the time to visit the board and search for your message.

· Registered
49 Posts
Glitch?

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but the latest post in a section does not show up when I click on the forum subject.

When I click on "Do it yourself lure building" the 03/25/2002 post (listed under "last post") does not show up.

The same thing for "Fishing rods"

Is this the way the site is supposed to work?

· Registered
10,661 Posts
I liked getting a msg when some one replied to a forum subject that I also replied to. Now I have to remember to look up these subjects. It taked time and with my memory I am in trouble.

Thanks for improving the site and keep up the good work.

Capt Neil

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.