NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
You beat me to it.

Don't much care about the ads, but the format and placement sucks. It really interferes with the flow of the text. this may result in reduced traffic causing lost revenue.

This post edited by obtuseangler 04:16 PM 02/04/2008

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Ads inside of threads can be found on many sites, so we figured we'd give it a try.

We appreciate all of your opinions and as always they will be considered as we refine this new site feature.

This post edited by noreast 05:24 PM 02/04/2008

·
Registered
35,001 Posts
Totally distracting...........:rolleyes:

It does break up the flow of the threads. I first saw it and though I some how was at the bottom of the page.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Whats the chance it starts to go between other posts as well.................:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
The site needs to make money, right ? So if it means some more advertising , so be it.

This site provides tremendous value to the people who use it, the least we can do is let Noreast make some money ! The great content and great features of this site need to be paid for.

Also, I wonder how many people who use this site regularly pay the $12 a year to be a paying member.

Remember, there is no such thing as a free lunch :)!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I thought there was something wrong with my PC. Glad everyone else is seeing that. And for the execs, I haven't read a one of them. So from my perspective it doesn't work. The sidebar moving ads are better

·
Banned
7,820 Posts
Gaucho wrote:
Well Im willing to create and lease out avatars for special sponsors.....
Hey !!
Try to be original and stop trying to cut in on my action.
I have this gig locked up since last year.

Look to the left :)

·
Registered
47,014 Posts
HungryJack wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
Hey !!

He can work the spots you're banned in, which will probably just keep growing.

·
Registered
27,361 Posts
HungryJack wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
Hey !!

A whole year and still nobody to actually RENT that space. Must be a boycott or something

·
Banned
7,820 Posts
crabman1130 wrote:
He can work the spots you're banned in, which will probably just keep growing.
Thats fine after he signs the franchising agreement with HJ Media.

Would be happy to give him an exclusive to those two boards (markets) I no longer participate in.
The demographics of those markets do not interest myself or the advertisers :)

Look for the release of HJ's new avatar featuring several NATIONAL sponsors.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I've seen this format in other forums. To be honest.....I pass them by without reading them.

After seeing this thread I turned off my ad blocker to see what everyone was looking at. I'll turn it back on now.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
obtuseangler wrote:
You beat me to it.

Don't much care about the ads, but the format and placement sucks. It really interferes with the flow of the text. this may result in reduced traffic causing lost revenue.

I agree. I have no problem with more advertising but would it kill you guys to just put that ABOVE the first post instead of after it? Really tacky.

·
Registered
17,235 Posts
everyone understands the drive to create more revenue, hence ads in inconvenient places

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that the most egregious form of advertising is the pop-up variety

I suspect that if Noreast Media starts trafficking in pop-ups a number of us will abandon the site permanently

·
Premium Member
23,846 Posts
HungryJack wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
Hey !!

LMAO...yeah your right....I tried to pull a fast one.....

But Im a sexy Biatch....I bet I could get some fishing yuppies to pay to use my Avatar space

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.