NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As Team Romney talked up the prospect of a Romney surge leading up to Super Tuesday, I envisioned my worst nightmare: A Hillary Rodham Clinton/Mitt Romney contest.

A Clinton/Romney race, no doubt, was a Democratic operative's dream, starring the easiest Republican to beat. The Dems could have dusted off all of the 2004 campaign spots on John Kerry's flip-flops, and revamped them with Romney as the windsurfer, shifting positions on a number of issues - and I'd be stuck arguing that, flip-flopping aside, Romney would be better on Iraq.

Now, I can breathe a sigh of relief.

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mm wrote:
She sounds like a real liberal,

did you read the whole thing?
She comes off as anything but a liberal..............

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For Mike

mm wrote:
She sounds like a real liberal, but what would you expect from the SF chronicle?

your comment made me go looking

Because after reading those two articles I posted - I'm thinnking "She doesn't sound anything like a liberal."

Seems I was right.

I think you may have taken umbrage at the fact that she was notexactly in line with your Conservative way of thinking.

Same might go for Scotty as well.

This post edited by wader 01:17 PM 02/12/2008

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as with most things - there are "degrees of conservatism".

She apparently does not subscribe to the extreme view. But I would be very hard pressed to make her out as a liberal.

pragmatic - yes

This post edited by wader 02:01 PM 02/12/2008

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
scott wrote:
I was not passing judgment on her in particular with my listing of McCain, but rather trying to point out that MANY people (perhaps you too Wader) try and pigeon hole anyone who talks about McCain not being a conservative (or even this woman for example) as "extreme" right wingers.

In much the same way that many accuse McCain of pandering to liberals because he doesn't walk lock step with the Conservative end of the party.
He is a Moderate Republican with some Conservative leanings.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I call extremist those that dismiss any other ideas/ideals that do not fit either a Conservative or Liberal viewpoint to the letter. That are unwilling to take a ?pragmatic view? & admit that there might be some merit in the other sides view. This generally results in gridlock in Washington & nothing gets accomplished.

?Gotta check the rule book to determine if this what a true Conservative or Liberal would do.?

Right now there are only two things that I find disappointing in McCain?s domestic platform:
1. his abortion rights stand (I?m pro-choice)
2. his stand on gay marriage (I?m for ? but not gay myself ? happy sometimes but never gay)

This won?t prevent me from voting for him but I do wish he was in favor of at least one.

I actually favor a national referendum on gay marriage & gave Bush a lot of credit for suggesting it during an election year in which he was anything but considered a favorite.
There are reasons for this that I don?t have the time to get into right now.

Abortion Rights?
I?m counting on the Dem controlled congress & the majority of the American people who feel it is a woman?s right to choose to blunt any turn over of Roe v Wade.
That (besides the obvious) is one of the reasons I like to see Hillary returned to the Senate rather then fulfill her current quest.

I kinda wandered from the extremist thing didn?t I?

Later???????

This post edited by wader 03:25 PM 02/12/2008

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.