NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE SHOW

OK, it's time for people to start making plans for the show. Who's planning on going, who is definitely going, and who thinks it's a big waste of time to go that far to a show? I tried to cover all bases, this way Fishwisher might be intrigued to post in this thread, lol.

I will be down there workin gat the NERBs booth, sellign a bunch of stuff, answerring questions, doing wrapping demo's, grip installation and construction demos at teh booth. Tehre are several Nerb-easters who will be doing the same at teh NERB booth, I'll let them chime in.

Hopefully there will be a few new faces down there this year from this area.

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Hi,

I am finally going!!!

Did the air line and hotel reservations today.

Can't wait to pull on all the blanks I normally don't see.

Am looking forward to attending the seminar on weaving. Yep, you read it right. Capt Neil weaving???

Hope to go face to face with many folks that I talk with but have never met.

Will be going by Southwest and arriving Raleigh around 2 PM on Friday. If anyone else is arriving there around the same time and needs a ride tothe hotel let me know as I probably have to rent a car.

Capt Neil, ret.

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Neil, that's GREAT news!!! Looking forward to meeting up with you down there. MAybe someone else will be flying in with you to Raliegh Durham. Whic airport are you flying out of, maybe that will be incentive to get someoen from Long Island to head down there with you.

Weaving huh? THere will be a beginners weving Demo on the first day by the Dragon MAster Jim Upton, and then on Day #2 an advanced course. Jim will also have a book on weaving which will hopefully be sold at the NERBs booth in conjunction with teh new Visual Weave software to assist people creating their own weaves. DAve Boyle from Australia, the creator of both VisuaWeave and VisuaWrap will be in teh booth right next to the NERBs. He is also the unfortunate one who is sharing a room with me for the weekend + a couple of days.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i am still not sure. there are a few "demos" i would like to see.. i have a ride. i just have to decide if its worth taking the time off:rolleyes:...billy you got room for a couple of rods, if i go..the AA Ti roller DRAGON is pretty cool, and i have another "unique" roller ;)..no fancy "thread art" but pretty cool rods:)

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Captneilf wrote:
Hi,

I am finally going!!!

Did the air line and hotel reservations today.

Can't wait to pull on all the blanks I normally don't see.

Am looking forward to attending the seminar on weaving. Yep, you read it right. Capt Neil weaving???

Hope to go face to face with many folks that I talk with but have never met.

Will be going by Southwest and arriving Raleigh around 2 PM on Friday. If anyone else is arriving there around the same time and needs a ride tothe hotel let me know as I probably have to rent a car.

Capt Neil, ret.glad to see you going..maybe i will see you there also:)

This post edited by paul708 09:52 PM 12/29/2007

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JohnB wrote:
even if I have to put up with Billy's pink shoes LOL see you there
John

HaHaHA!! I've gotta outdo myself this year now, lol.

Paul, I'm not sure how much rod rack space I will have, I've already invited WAY TOO MANY people to teh booth, and out to dinner. I'll know exactly what we are doing with rods, racks, and the booth layout at the end of January. I expect there should be some room.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looking forward to it. Billy, let me know if I need to haul down a lathe set up for demos. Lost my phone yesterday so dont bother calling, some snowbank will just go ring ring ring...its always a great time when the NERBS get together.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I'll be there!!! Can't wait, this show is great!!! Blanks galore.... Seeker will be there this year, along with all the rest. The seminars are excellent, will be attending a few of those. Hey Neil, I will join you for the weaving seminar!! One really good one that should not be missed, Joe Emig's Unique Decorative Handle Techniques... good stuff. Joe's work is amazing!!! Great guy!! And Doc Ski is going to be there, looking forward to meeting him!!

Also looking forward to hanging out at the NERB's booth with Billy, Mike, Al, Paul, Rich and the rest of the NERB's. Love doing demo's, and if I can help out a few people with thread art, makes it all worth it. I know I always learn something new when hanging with these guys, that's what NERB's is all about.

Sean

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there that would like to drive down with me and share expenses? I'd really like to go but the airfare/hotel/car rental is way out of my league. Send me a PM if interested. Plus it would be a lot easier getting the blanks home that you have to buy ;)

Dave

This post edited by droppedit 09:02 AM 01/16/2008

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.