NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellow fishermen,

Welcome to my first post... Just wondering how many of you out there are still prowling the late wee hours for that elusive cow?

I know it's tough work and it?s getting awfully ccccold out there!

How are you doing so far?and are you having any luck?

?Crazy? Alberto

·
Registered
981 Posts
Al,
Spent a few hours the other day casting from the beach in the cold NW wind down on the Cape...results? skunked, shivering, freezing my cojones and wondering, once again, if fish can laugh.

Jerry Vovcsko,
East Bridgewater, Ma

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yup, sure am, and am supposed to be there with you on Friday night!!! Togging instead of late night hunting for big girls?!?! Come on! Just busting yer stones Alberto, and I'm sure you'll have a blast. Meanwhile, I'll just have to clean that spot out of all of the slobs hanging around there. Don't worry, I'll show you pictures ;) Happy Thanksgiving and talk to you soon.
Chris

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jerry wrote:
Spent a few hours the other day casting from the beach in the cold NW wind down on the Cape...results? skunked, shivering, freezing my cojones and wondering, once again, if fish can laugh.

Oh, I think the fish does! I can not tell you how many times when I venture out in this torturous weather and I get that smelly animal! At times, when you think you got their number.... The fish does the disappearing act!

It's very frustrating but the real question is... why do you keep doing it knowingly that it could happen again?

"Crazy" Alberto

This message was edited by noreast on 11-27-01 @ 9:38 AM

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ChrisG wrote:
...Yup, sure am, and am supposed to be there with you on Friday night!!! Togging instead of late night hunting for big girls?!?! Come on!

I know you are busting my onions but I tell you what. I'll make a deal with ya. I'll go if you are willing to fish my schedule!

Remember, Friday and Saturday Orient Pt. Sunday Montauk. In between, we hit the surf and do the 3 days marathon. Whatchasay? Deal? :)

"Crazy" Alberto

This message was edited by noreast on 11-27-01 @ 9:39 AM

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NJC wrote:
I still haven't figured out why I do this.

I know exactly what you mean! Fishermen are destined for abuse! The saltier we are... the more abuse we take. :)

"Crazy" Alberto

This message was edited by noreast on 11-27-01 @ 9:39 AM

·
Registered
0 Posts
"I know you are busting my onions but I tell you what. I'll make a deal with ya. I'll go if you are willing to fish my schedule!"

****!! If you threw down that gauntlet any other weekend but a holiday weekend I'd be all over it. In fact, any other weekend that I hear the same challenge/offer from you, consider me as good as in. We'll have to finish the event with plenty of sake and beer, and pass out for fourteen hours ;) Good luck with the whitechins!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Al,
I am still hunting for HER but i am a little burned out rite now and teh drive to hunt 4-5 nites/week isnt as strong. i am still out 2-3 nites but it has been a long season an di have lsot 8lbs since june and lack of sleep are stating to take their toll...her in NJ our fall is just starting to shape up so it looks like i have a tleast another month before i call it quits tho. I guess a few real good meals and a couple full nites sleep should cure part of the problem and add a few more days to whats left of my season

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JudFisher wrote:
Can Cows swim?? I guess thats why I dont catch much.Should I put grass on my hook? LOL

Hmmm?. I don?t know, but if you keep chanting MooooooMooo?.it might do wonder for ya. But whatever you do? just watch your back.

"Crazy" Alberto

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dstratrap wrote:
The Big Hunt.........
For Your Plugs Bubba

It's a good thing you live about 150 miles North of me... otherwise I would be worried. :)

"Crazy" Alberto

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello BrianZ,
Hang in there. The season is not over yet.
It's OK to abuse your body... but don't over do it. The key is to pace yourself and see how much your body can handle. :)

FYI: I understand that there is a big body of fish moving your NJ waters... Be warned!

"Crazy" Alberto

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hey Al,

I made it out for an hour today & managed a pair of 30-inch fish. Not exactly the size I'm hoping for, but they sure made me smile. I plan on doing the eel thing every night this week, or until my wife leaves me with the kids.

Good luck to all!

Stephen Byrne
NY Bight Editor
Nor'east Saltwater

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.