NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all who attended our Striper Seminar on April 26th! A Special thank you to Rob, Kevin/Walleyeman and Capt. Sal and the folks at the New Rochelle Rowing Club for having us.

Thanks to our Sponsors
Carolina Skiff-Sea Chaser Boats
Yamaha Outboards
Mariners School
Simrad

Thanks to all our Presenters
Capt. John Marino
Capt Chris Cullen
Capt. Bob Figular of Mariners School
Allen Schneider of Simrad Electronics
(I had a great time presenting and the audience was great!)
Capt. John Marino (American Sportfishing Charters) will provide us with some additional photos as he too did a great job.

Below is Capt. Bob Figular addressing the audience on Anchoring Techniques and how to obtain your Captain's License.

Capt. John Luchka addressing the audience on Trolling Techniques used aboard his Long Run Fishing Charters

Capt. Chris Cullen discussing Striper techniques used aboard his Island Current Fleet...

Thanks to all who attended and we will be working on future events and we'll make some improvements...as we all learned something to make it better in the future

Congrats to all of our winners and thanks to Aquaskinz, Super-U-Rigs, Block Island Tackle, Hudson Park B&T, Power Pro, Yo-Zuri, Racor, DOA Lures, Shurhold Products, Ed Luterio, Ameripack...thank you all

Attachments

· Registered
1,277 Posts
To the newcomers

I know the captains wouldn't say this at the seminar so I will - if you haven't been doing this for too long, or even if you have, nothing beats hands-on experience. The Captains, John & John, will give you all you need in one trip to up your catch considerably. You've seen them instruct and they'll do the same when you're out there. Buddy up and get a few guys together and go for it. For bottom fishing, Capt. Chris and his crew are tops. Very patient and informative, and they catch!! Have a good season.

This post edited by MickieBelle 05:38 PM 04/27/2008

· Registered
7 Posts
Great Seminar!

It was a great Seminar! Very informative. We can't wait to get out there and try several techniques that were presented. Thanks. We look forward to attending other seminars in the future. Huck7248 & Guests.

· Registered
69 Posts
Seminar

I wish I could have been there...what a great lineup of speakers! I have personally fished with John & John and I know they really know thier stuff. Capt John Marino personally introduced me to wire lining and even helped me catch my very first bass from a boat so many years ago...Capt Chris runs a great operation right here in my home waters and is truly a professional. Capt Bob runs the largest Captains School in the country and it is a privledge to get him to speak at an event and share his knowledge!

Wish I was there, but was in Islamorado wrangling tarpon at the time!

Capt Andy LoCascio
Northeast Angling

· Registered
39 Posts
Thanks to all

Sorry for the delay with this post ,I just wanted to say a big thank you to Capt John Luchka and the crew at Noreast for the invitation and honor to speak along side of some very knowledgable guys in the business ,I enjoy listening as well as speaking and I always seem to walk away with something new.

To those who attended---> Samantha and I had alot of fun ,you guys and gals were a terrific group of people who made it a pleasure to share my experiences with , it always feels like there is never enough time to finish .So if you guys/gals have any questions we will be glad to answer them . Just drop us an email or a PM.

Below are a few pics of the show graciously shot by a a good friend and fisherman as well Mr Douglas Baz. Thank you again Doug for driving all the way down from Woodstock or there abouts to help a friend . I do believe that camera will need a little adjusting after shooting this mug for an hour. Capt John

Since I have had a few emails regarding which cast net i prefer to throwand hooks i use for chunking and live lining ?

I have been using AHI nets for the past 5 years and find them to be of excellent quality and very affordable! The 500 series 10 foot is a professional grade "panel constructed net" which will open flat and the one i use and recommend for adult bunker .

For the hooks i am currently using MUSTAD ultrapoint 8/0 octapus hooks , which would be about 9/0 in a japanese or chinese hook. American hook sizes run slightly largers. The snagging trebles we use the most are mustad 10/0.

This post edited by ASFCHARTERS1 05:52 PM 04/29/2008

Attachments

· Registered
39 Posts
one more photo & thank you

Last but not least, special thanks to the one who is always in my corner and deserves alot of the credit , she is also an excellent fisherman /fisherwoman , Mate Samantha
best to all,
Capt John Marino

This post edited by ASFCHARTERS1 08:47 AM 04/29/2008

Attachments

· Registered
1 Posts
New Rochelle Striper Seminar

As you can see from my username I'm not much of bait fisherman but I have to say that Captain John Marino's light tackle presentation was EXCELLENT and FAR TOO SHORT!! He touched on details that were a revelation--ie last year's fish were hanging in the thermoclime, how to catch bait the old fashioned "biblical" way, the hard way---with a net, that Bluefish can actually be your "friend" when targeting stripers, not your enemy, when to use fishwire, when to use mono, how to know from watching/feeling your line and rod what your live bunker is doing down under etc etc. This is a guy who really knows his stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.