NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So almost 30 people died when the Texas Tower fell over. This created a huge structure 68 miles off shore.

I have only fished it 2 times. Both with no luck. One time bunch of scuba guys in the way. The other no life around.

So what are your feeling about TT or should you just continue on to a larger canyon?

Thanks
EricW

·
Registered
445 Posts
Texas Tower

I've had luck with yellowfin, bluefin, and got some decent makos there, too. If I see life, good water, etc., I always make it a point to troll in from the TT. You have to go past it to get to the Hudson anyway, might as well give it a shot if the situation looks fishy...

My $02. FWIW...
Capt. Patrick
Expeditor-31 Ocean Master WA
Blinky III Fishing Team
Tournament Angler

·
Registered
826 Posts
BELIEVE IT OR NOT....

The texas tower raised my first white marlin for me in the past 3 yrs in the beginning of the trolling season.. Then we start mako fishing. It is deep but come up to about 40 feet or less under water. The structure is very obscured and holds a lot of fish.. If you put in your time the fish are always there... Also keep in mind... IT HOLDS ALOT OF HOOS UR DADDYS! When the water gets warm and a nice eddy comes thru there. The guys who scuba there i know of have landed some nice yellowfin spear fishing... I also used to deep wreck fish there.. kind of sticky but never the less and good spot in some sea bass and cod-pollock migration since it is deep and offshore!! By all means to not ever pass up the tower!! It has brought much success. ALSO FYI - There are time when the squid boats come in that close from the hudson and bring some of those giant with them! Drop a big bait or troll some big baits might get a surprise if them squiddys are around!!

Good luck! Catch em, up! Post Message me if you need anything else.

Capt Vinnie

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vinnie,

Isn't the TT out the way if your going to the hudson. You still fish it with the scuba guys around?? Just chum heavier for makos?

Thanks

Eric

·
Registered
445 Posts
Tower

Eric,
I guess it would depend on your homeport. I leave from Freeport and pass right by, so it's always worth it to me, like I said, if the situation looks fishy. One of the biggest issues I've seen with new guys to offshore fishing is overunning a good situation because they feel they need to get to a number. Never be afraid to give something that looks promising some time even it's not part of your original plan a shot-you may get pleasantly surprised. _now it's off to the New Year's Party...good luck..
Capt. Patrick
Expeditor-31 Ocean Master WA
Blinky III Fishing team
Tournament Angler

This post edited by psciacca 09:03 PM 12/31/2007

·
Registered
798 Posts
The Texas Tower has been a great piece of structure in the past. Plenty of big fish caught there.

This pastyear, on our way to teh Hudson, we saw tons of life, including 2 makos jimping and plenty of whales.

We hooked up to a great white for about 15-20 minutes there, while we were trying to catch one of those jumping makos. We went for a bit of a ride!

·
Registered
848 Posts
We have pulled some nice fish out of the Tower in the past. I didn't have time to fish the towers in the 07 season. We usually stop there on the way to the Hudson to find the blue fin there. There were a couple nice size fish taken from there this season.

Blake Conlin
tightlinzzzzzzzzz

This post edited by 06405 07:01 PM 01/01/2008

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.