NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Teasers (boat and surf) Any angler who loves to use artificials for striped bass is seriously handicapping himself if he doesn?t use teasers at least some of the time. Teasers of either bucktail, feathers, flashabou or some other material are a good way to give the finicky fish what they?re looking for while you?re tossing those big baits. Many times you?ll catch more fish on the teasers than you will on the host plug. Experiment with them. This technique won?t alter the way you fish your plugs or tins very much, but it will definitely increase your cast to strike ratio.
This is from Eight deadly tactics for Stripe Bass in the How to Articles, if your gonna fish for Strippas there are a must!!!!!!!!

A simple teaser is a bucktail tied on a hook most B&t will sell teaser hooks and they are tied; well I tie mine at least 30inch from the plug with a dropper loop, I keep them very simple if you search a little you find a few different ways to tie them on

This message was edited by fourtwenty on 1-9-02 @ 6:04 PM

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
When you continually see fish following your lure and they won't bite! ;)

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK, this ain't what most folks call a teaser, but...

If you like to fly fish and can talk a buddy into helping with a spinning rod, get him to throw a hookless plug (for example, to get a big blue on a fly). My pop and I used to do this when our meager skills couldn't get a big blue on a fly alone. Maybe the blues were moving, or spread out, or whatever. Just throw the hookless plug out, watch the blues go crazy over it as it approaches the fly fisherman, pull the plug out and put the fly down. Wham!

I've seen the equivalent of this in a lot of shows on OLN. Catch a sailfish on the fly - by having a teaser out there, and when the fish shows, pull the teaser, throw the fly. Best one I saw was blue runners (a form of jack?) - they swarmed the hookless plug like some demented cross between bluefish and small tuna, then the plug got replaced by the fly and boom!

Peter R

·
Registered
134 Posts
Tiderunner, What is the distance from the teaser to the snap for the Plug,and how long is the total leader? thanks

Thanks again Tiderunner,I'll probably make a few,(Winter Boredom)

This message was edited by NANSEA11 on 1-26-02 @ 10:49 AM

·
Registered
338 Posts
Nansea11
The total length of the leader is 37" the distance between the teaser and the snap is 26" and the distance between the barrel swivel and the teaser is 11". If you are going to make your own than you need to start with at least 45" of leader material to make room for the dropper line.
For $3.50 it's easier to buy one. As far as bluefish are concerned, they'll eat anything that moves. Since I don't use wire leaders I avoid usings teasers only when the choppers are blitzing the beach.
I hope this helps.
Tag & Release
Tiderunner

This message was edited by Tiderunner on 1-26-02 @ 3:46 PM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.