NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST STARTED USING TEASERS IN THE SURF AND MY FIRST CAST RESULTED IN A MID CAST BREAK OFF. FORTUNATELY THE TIDE WAS COMING IN AND I GOT MY POPPER BACK AND NOTICED THE LINE HAD FAILED AT THE DROP DOWN LOOP I HAD TIED FOR THE TEASER. I'VE HEARD OF THIS HAPPENING SO I EXPERIMENTED WITH A FEW OTHER KNOTS. THE BEST THING I CAME UP WITH IS A CLOVE HITCH WHICH IS TECHNICALLY A "BEND" AS OPPOSSED TO A "KNOT". A "BEND" IS A COMBINATION OF LOOPS WHICH DO NOT CAUSE THE LINE TO KINK OR DOUBLE BACK ON ITSELF WHICH CAN DECREASE LINE TEST FROM 40 TO 60 %. THE OTHER ADVANTAGE TO THIS APPLICATION IS THAT THE CLOVE HITCH CAN BE BACKED OUT SO YOU DONT HAVE TO CUT AND RETIE WHEN YOU WANT TO REMOVE THE TEASER. THIS IS EASIER W/MONO, HARDER WITH BRAIDED LINES. I USE 25LB POWER PRO WHICH IS A BRAIDED MONO. EXCELLENT STUFF. I HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE WHO HAS HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS W TEASERS. GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

PS: YOU ****ED WITH THE WRONG CITY BIN LADEN!

FRANK.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.