NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fishers,

I went blackfishing yesterday at Sheepshead bay. The weather was rainy with temperature creeping in the mid 30?s and wind blowing west at 8 knots, during the half moon phase. The fishing was a tad slow but I had 6 keepers with the largest tipping the 6-lbs. range.

The action is definitely slowing down due to the water temperate and the winter snow / rain flow. As I was walking back to my truck, I also noticed many happy mackerel fishermen walking to their vehicles with pails filled with those critters. If you are into those macks, take advantage because this is the time and the action will only last for a few weeks! ;)

Just wondering? how many of you are still braving the nasty cold weather?

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Hey Al!!! What's up buddy? I was out on saturday on my favorite party boat The Sea Pigeon out of Perth Amboy, NJ. We fished around 17 and the action was a lil slow, but steady with the blackfish. I had four keepers up to around 5lbs. Everybody had atleast a few keeper tog with some ling mixed in as well. A few anglers jigged up some macks and they looked to be of pretty good size as well as some herring. Also saw a nice pod/school of porpoises out there...was extremely cool to see them and that in itself made the trip out into the cold worthwhile. I'll probably make a couple more trips out for some tog and hopefully one will be with you ;)
It was like glass out there on saturday until it started snowing...beaches looked great covered with snow :) Had a nice sized tog on but this new knot I tried didnt hold up...I think I tied it wrong. Guess I need to take better notes when people show me new knots.;)

Remember, ya gotta hook 'em to cook 'em.

got tog?

Bergalls have feelings too...

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
Gottog - you gonna make a trip out to the forbidden dock?? Cool. If not, maybe another time.

Alberto - were you able to read the sign on the Brooklyn advertiseing Macks?? Just checking.

ANy problems getting crabs in Sheepshead? Or did you "catch your own"?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.