NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
what's the best way to make the tail loop for through wire plugs. I ruin mine (at least looks wise) most of the time

surf_caster,
I don't worry too much about the looks...I'm way more concerned about reliability, but I get pretty good results in both departments with the following:

I have several nails spiked into a piece of 2x4, ranging in size from 8 penny on up to 12 penny...after I drove them in I cut off the heads with a sawzall so there are a half dozen headless nails sticking up out of this 24" piece of 2x4 that's nailed down to my workbench...
I use ss wire throughwired and after I have the hook eye bent & ready I put the wire through & out the back, then select the size nail I want for the rear hook eye, back the plug against it, pull the wire up snug, then wind it around the nail, take three turns back around the throughwire & clip it off...primitive but it works, if you can't "see" what I'm talking about, e-mail me & I'll send you a rough sketch...(very rough, I'm no artist... :) )

Jerry Vovcsko
East Bridgewater, Ma

This message was edited by Jerryvov on 11-19-01 @ 7:37 PM

G

·
I just take a drill bit and turn wire around it , the use canvas pliers to hold it and then wrap...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.