NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying the new TACO grand slam top mounts and telescoping poles. Has anyone had any experience with these? I've heard the telescoping poles don't always stay out and sometimes collapse when trolling. Any info is greatly appreciated!

FINATIC

·
Registered
803 Posts
Never ever had a problem with the collapsible riggers and I hooked decent sized fish. I had heard that the Top Gon mounts themselves slipped, that is they didn't lock down or thr pressure released them. I actually posted on that thread about 3 months ago. The guys who had em loved em. I went with Lee Sidewinders. By the way I have a Pair of beautiful black anodized Taco collapsibles ( down to six) that the guy who bought my boat is hemming and hawwing over. I havent listed them for sale yet . Do you have an interest ? I'll let em go cheap as the new boat with Lees is in.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Never ever had a problem with the collapsible riggers and I hooked decent sized fish. I had heard that the Top Gon mounts themselves slipped, that is they didn't lock down or thr pressure released them. I actually posted on that thread about 3 months ago. The guys who had em loved em. I went with Lee Sidewinders. By the way I have a Pair of beautiful black anodized Taco collapsibles ( down to six) that the guy who bought my boat is hemming and hawwing over. I havent listed them for sale yet . Do you have an interest ? I'll let em go cheap as the new boat with Lees is in.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I just installed Grand Slams on my boat. So far, here's what I've observed: The threading on the mounts that accept the handles are very soft. I bent my when, installing them and had to pull the entire mount off the deck. Taco offered to rethread them if I wanted to send them back to the facotry, but they couldn't guarantee me a turn-around time. Instead, I had a local machine shop with the proper die, fix them. The other thing that I have noticed is that the outrigger poles tend to rotate in the mounts while underway. It's not bad, unless you can't reach the mounts easily to correct them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.