NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
24,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sushi from 5 of the 20 places had mercury levels so high that the Food and Drug Administration could take legal action to remove the fish from the market....
A number of studies have found high blood mercury levels in people eating a diet rich in seafood. According to a 2007 survey by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, the average level of mercury in New Yorkers? blood is three times higher than the national average. The report found especially high levels among Asian New Yorkers, especially foreign-born Chinese, and people with high incomes. The report noted that Asians tend to eat more seafood, and it speculated that wealthier people favored fish, like swordfish and bluefin tuna, that happen to have higher mercury levels.

NY Times

·
Registered
37,770 Posts
OF COARSE

I knew fish was bad for you since I was a little kid.

It takes up alot of your time.

You think about it all the time.

You spend stupid amounts of money on equipment, bait, tackle and when fish really are bad,

you buy a boat

·
Registered
942 Posts
jpd wrote:
Sushi from 5 of the 20 places had mercury levels so high that the Food and Drug Administration could take legal action to remove the fish from the market....
A number of studies have found high blood mercury levels in people eating a diet rich in seafood. According to a 2007 survey by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, the average level of mercury in New Yorkers? blood is three times higher than the national average. The report found especially high levels among Asian New Yorkers, especially foreign-born Chinese, and people with high incomes. The report noted that Asians tend to eat more seafood, and it speculated that wealthier people favored fish, like swordfish and bluefin tuna, that happen to have higher mercury levels.

NY Times

Thats why they say to eat fish no more than twice a week.The good part is you'll know its hot out when your eyes turn silver.

·
Administrator
112,310 Posts
crabman1130 wrote:
canyonfvr wrote:
i never knew fish had mercury in it

You have to stop reading girlie mags and start reading the newspaper more.

i read newsday everyday

·
Registered
401 Posts
"Over the past several years, studies have suggested that mercury may also cause health problems for adults, including an increased risk of cardiovascular disease and neurological symptoms."

The article didn't mention that those same Chinese born people with the high levels of mercury in their blood also have the lowest rates of afore mentioned health problems. Next year it will be good for you again.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Sushi in Wynn Hotel

Just got back from Vegas Had sushi at the Wynn Hotel Akido

Wow was expensive , 5 of us spent 1100.00 and no one had the lobster sashimi special which was $200.00

The sake was great Cold at $150 a bottle we drank a few

Steve

·
Registered
16,169 Posts
Sushiman Wow THATS EXPENSIVE!!!

Sushi Park
ALL YOU CAN EAT!!!
Super sale!! (Promotional price)
Mon. - Thu. Dinner Price
(Start April 1, 2007)
20%off $19.95

Mon.~Thu. :12:00~3:00 pm (Lunch) $14.95
5:30~10:00pm (Dinner) $19.95

Friday :12:00~3:00 pm (Lunch) $14.95
5:00~10:00pm (Dinner) $24.95

Saturday :12:00~3:00 pm (Lunch) $14.95
5:00~10:00pm (Dinner) $24.95

Sunday :12:00~3:00 pm (Lunch) $14.95
5:00~9:00pm (Dinner) $24.95

At Sushi Park we offer the widest selection of traditional Japanese cuisine prepared with only the finest ingredients.
Our Long Island location features buffet style dining, allowing our guests to enjoy all of our specialty entrees ranging from fresh sushi to fire grilled chicken teriyaki, all prepared with the utmost care by our highly qualified chefs.

Conveniently located on Jericho Turnpike, we encourage you to come and taste what Japanese cuisine has to offer. Top off your meal by treating your taste buds to our delectable desserts and wide variety of fresh fruits. There's something for everybody at Sushi Park, our wide array of expertly prepared food is enough to satisfy anybody.

If you're looking for a more traditional dining environment located in a vibrant and culturally rich city, then we invite you to our Manhattan location. Located in the East Village, Sushi Park features traditional sit-in dining in a friendly and charming Japanese atmosphere. All our fresh foods are made to order with high quality ingredients and are prepared while you wait by our world class cooking staff.

I ATE SO MUCH I NEARLY SPLIT MY PANTS

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.