NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Just wondering how many surfcasters we have visiting this forum….

Also… Now that the stripers are spread across our fishing grounds, I was wondering what is your favorite lure for shallow water, rips and oceanfront.

Time to cough it out! :)

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi im Brian, I'm a surf rat :)
shallow water ocean i like small 1 5/8oz darters
shallow water bay i like small jigs(storm c-tail has been good this season)
rips (not too fast) i like 2.5oz darters
adn ocean front i like 1 5/8oz darters AND 2.5oz darters but im in NJ and all we got are litle baby fish so it doesnt matter anyway :)
honestly out front i gotta ton of favorite lures and most are chosen depending on conditions and available bait, but i have to say the yozuri mag darter is surprisingly very consistent in many conditions and matches alot of different baits

·
Registered
22 Posts
my name is feltman and i am a surf-junkie

hi CA!

rips lure: bottle plugs or darters
shallow lure: shad bodies/storm wildeyes, lately.
beach: needlefish, bucktails, tins.

...this month, that is.
i'm sure it will change.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hey Al even though I don't post much I'm reading the board. Shallow- Bombers, flies and maybe rubber. Rips- jigs,bottles and darters. Ocean- bottles. Bombers. darters, pencils of course and maybe a metal lip if conditions are right. Prospector

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
As the handle implies - I'm a Surf rat.

Shallow Water -Soft plastics, rattletraps...
Rips - bucktail
Ocean - not enough experience - pretty much work the North Shore - big waves scare me....

·
Registered
65 Posts
If I had the time I would be in the surf every day. (Does that make me a junkie?)

I love to fish Smith Point because of the five miles of beach and then the inlet.

I guess my favorite is a 2 ounce Kastmaster. It allows me a pretty good cast and it will catch just about anything.

After that, I use everything in the box.

At the inlet I mainly use 1 ounce black rubber eels.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Count me in Al. Can't get enough of the surf... There are few things on earth better than seeing that sunrise while standing on a beach, all by yourself, with the waves crashing all around you.

Shollows - Bombers
Rip- Bucktails, Bottle Plugs
And 1-2 Oz Kastmaster and/or Krocodile for many occasions. I've had a ton of luck on metals in varying conditions/landscape.

SF

·
Registered
198 Posts
favs

Bombers and soft plastics with lt head for shallows -- perfer fly fishing with decievers or closers for shallow. Bucktails up to 2 oz in the rip or surf, kastmaster 4 oz. Plugs and poppers for rips or calm surf. Darters when fishing structure.

·
Registered
73 Posts
good question

day favorites are...

tins (graves,hopkins or deadly dicks)

bucktails in white,black or wine
w/ trailers of white, red/white, green/white.

leadheads w/ rubber shad bodies

Polaris poppers (white or yellow)

do fish bite at night???
he he he

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.