NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WOUD LOVE TO HEAR SOME INFO ON FISHING FOR FUKE FROM SHORE... TECHNIQUE, BAITS , RIGS???? ARE BUCTAILS BETTER THEN BAIT?? SOFT PLASTICS??/ ANY AND ALL INFO ON SURF FISHING FOR FLUKE WOULD BE WELCOME ,,THANK YOU ALL.....

·
Registered
197 Posts
When I fish the Shinne**** Canal for Fluke, I use a 1/2-1oz., bucktail.... Have used 4 colors, White, White/Chartreuse, White/Green, and White/Pink. I tip the hook with a 3-4" piece of squid or a Spearing, or Killie. I've found that White might work oneday, but then only white/green will work the next... You gotta try out everything.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have had lots of luck reeling very slowly, then on every 1-1/2 to 2 turns will give a quick jig on it... I haven't found just dragging it across the bottom very productive.

Not only have I caught fluke using that method, but have also nailed a couple weaks too with it..

·
Registered
487 Posts
When I fish for Fluke in beaches, I use 1oz. jig head with a shrimp tail or what weakies called-->"Salty Dog". I catch Fluke, Weakfish, and lots of ****tail Blues. I use yellow, clear with silver flakes, red and white, white and green, orange, and pink <--very good for Weakfish. I change the plastic tail to a shad in black and white, yellow shad in the fall.

I hated to use bait for Fluke. I caught crabs taking my bait so I have always used lures. Always jigging the lure up and down when windy. When there are no wind, I cast it out as far as possible and slowly...slowly reel the lure in and lift the rod every 5 crank or so. Right now, I have caught 3 Flukes over 21" this way. Enjoy!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Bluefishmaster

What colors have been working for you this year in respect to tiderunners? I've had almost all my luck on solid white curly tail grubs and shrimp tails, also white bodies w/bright red tails.....

So far the chartreuse/silver flake and green haven't worked.......

Actually been having some luck with the new Storm Wildhair Squid Jigs..... Clear body with pink holo-foil in it, and Blue/White/Pink Mylar skirt...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yes, I got similar result this year, jmc91881. The Tiderunners are not biting the green/silver flakes lures. I got a few to bite pink/sliver flakes and pink. I caught a good one on a red/white shrimp tail. :)

I got too many Bluefish chopping the tails off my jigs recently. No matter the color, Blues bite them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
**** Blues

You will not believe how many just plain old white curly tail grubs I've gone through in 1 month....

I feel a tug and then nothing, figure I snagged something possibly. only to pull up the lure and the curly tail no longer exists, all I have left is a useless white tube.

·
Registered
80 Posts
fluking in the surf

there are many techniques that work...

3/8oz to 1oz plain leadhead with 4inch fins fish

3/8oz to 1oz plain leadhead with live killie hooked in lips from under chin out upper lip- cast and retrieve slow...works great...

standard fluke hook, 1oz weight ...squid spearing ...cast and leave or retrieve slow...

all the above can be used with a teaser hook and bucktail on leadhead if you like.....

try different combinations...squid strip, kille, spearing, color fins fish...

spots I like...jetties on south shore, long beach, JI, atlantic beach, point lookout, shine**** canal, wading in the water by overlook pier at captree, great kills staten Island and sequine beach...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.