NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,430 Posts
Normally I would say yes but the dredgers have returned to the mouth of the Nissequogue River to complete the dredging project. Once their pumps started running in the Spring, the water turned brown and void of all life. I'd imagine that if any stripers or blues remain in the area, it would be very difficult to entice with any bait or lures because they will have full stomachs from all of the free meals being churned-up by the dredgers.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Depending where you want to fish. If you wish to fish to the west, it is not a long walk and most of the walk is via the boardwalk. Walk all the way west to the end and start fishing. Fishing before sunrise and after sunset usually best times for bass. This time of year fishing can be good during the day. I confirmed with a buddy that there was an albie blitz to the west late last week. Good Luck and maybe I will catch out there!

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
I believe the dredging finished up last year.

Now - another question.......

Has anyone tried behind Sunken Meadow yet this year for perch?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wader,
The perch are there, but they are usually much more active when we have a few nice days in a row.
They also seemed to be schooled up so if you don't catch keep moving.
Bobw

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
bobw - thanks - returning from Caracas on Tuesday after 3 days of sail & marlin fishing - have Wednesday off - thought I might give it a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.