NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any info on the Fishing and Hunting Show (with "fishing boats") at Suffolk County Community College, Brentwood on March 8-10. $9. but free parking. I don't recall seeing this one before. Are there seminars? Is it all freshwater? Any decent deals like at Rockland?

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
We have a booth at the show so it definitely won?t be sweetwater only :). I doubt it will be as big as the Suffern Show being that it?s the first year of this show, but the person promoting it has a lot of show experience and I think it should be OK.

If you go, be sure to stop by our booth and say hello.

Respectfully,
George R. Scocca
Publisher, Nor'east Saltwater

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Definately going to be a combo show like the Nassua show (saltwater, freshwater, camping/hunting etc). I was told the guy running it has a contract for several years more shows like it so I presume he sees great potential.

Well worth checking out IMO.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
I went last night and it as OK. Good time to stock up on some extras as hooks and line were very reasonable. Lot of guys druelling to get out especially with some mild weather coming. J&J had fluke and flounder rigs 10 for $10. J&H had some super deals on Penn 975, $190 and the lever drag was $230. Cheapest I have seen.

BCMeyer

This message was edited by bcmeyer on 3-9-02 @ 1:44 PM

G

·
I enjoyed the show today. I went to the J&J's Bait and Tackle booth, from Patchogue, and I bought the Penn 975 for $189.00 tax included, which is an excellent deal. I never saw a price so low, and they even included free line if I bring it in to their shop. The people from J&J's were knowledgable and courteous.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Went to show and thought it was ok. Deal of the day was the 975 at the JH booth,$190. I picked one up for $195 over the winter from Fla. and thought that was a steal. There were also some nice prices on some TLD's. Bring Cash!!!

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
The 975 is baitcaster type with a movable guide for reteving line. I have one and its a great reel for bass. I almost got another one but I can always pick it up. I also use J&J for my repairs and bait. Nice people and so are the people from J&H.

bcmeyer

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
I was at the show this afternoon. Lots of boats, not as many vendors as I had hoped but still a good event.

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
50 Posts
Blue Ayes,

Thanks for the info. Disappointing indeed.
I have my eyes set on a 975 (intended to spool with 50lb pp for bass / blues) @ $220 until I saw that post (wow LW+LD for $10 more). Guess will end up without the LD.

Thanks again...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Blue Ayes,

Thanks for the info. Disappointing indeed.
I have my eyes set on a 975 (intended to spool with 50lb pp for bass / blues) @ $220 until I saw that post (wow LW+LD for $10 more). Guess will end up without the LD.

Thanks again...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.