NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vote right here.

i go away for a few days, and look what happens.
i've got to admit most of what i just read was very funny. i hope nobody was truly offended by anyone else.

striperchick and bassbabie, if the reception you received was more than what you were looking for, then why did you identify yourselves as women and even post pictures of yourselves?

the posts did raise an interesting issue. is it desirable to have more women involved in surfcasting? why are there so few women surfcasters? is it the physical demands of heavier tackle, or cold & stormy weather that keeps them away? there seems to be a much greater % of women freshwater, flyfishers, and boatfishers than surfcasters. are they discouraged by husbands that need a break from the domestic scene? maybe deterred by a lack of bathroom facilities? afraid of dark and/or lonely beaches? don't want to touch smelly bait? all of the above?

btw, no offense bassbabie, but i vote for striperchick. and if she's a he, then she is one good lookin he.

set,
opinari

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd rather be fishing. However, no fish around, so i'll bite. Who knows if there women, who cares. I don't mind women fishing so long as they are fishing. When they are not into it, they are a distraction and the trip always seems shorter. Same goes for men too though, although I'd be more inclined to keep a seasick sunburnt male out there a **** of alot longer than a woman. Double standard I guess. I'd rather talk about fishing than if they have ballsacs or not, so if everyone keeps the flirting to a minimum we all might learn something we can use. I'd imagine that there are plenty of chatrooms to find a man pretending to be a woman if you are into that.

·
Registered
826 Posts
If I told you guys that's it's been independently confirmed---by someone other than Barbie---that she's for real, you'd probably accuse me of being in my knight in shining armor mode. But, I really don't give a freakin' rap. What a few people have done is drive away someone who only wanted to try to learn a sport on her own terms, and probably alienated dozens of lurkers who think they'll get treated the same way for asking "dumb" questions.

It's crap like this that ruined other websites, and crap like this that drove a lot of people who used to be regulars away. None of this is directed at either of you guys, but incidents like this really show the need for a hands-on webmaster.

There are a lot of people here who need to grow up---but I know I'm not one of them. mattyblazer and I have made peace, and I thank him for the opportunity to exchange our feelings honestly, like men.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cat.. excuse me.. what makes you think anyone wants to fish with you? and I sure as **** dont have to give you any ideas of what fishing means to me,,, im asking for pointers not nonsense out of your mouth. thanks to Mike and Matty, they have restored my faith in a board I thought was made up of old crazy blabbering fisherman,, not so!! so Cat,, please no one wants to fish with you, i have a better companion anyway,, my newfie!! lololololo

·
Registered
25 Posts
not exactly feelin the need or necessity to elaborate on exactly why i fish,,,however,,,i think all of opi's claims can be discounted considering the fact that i was at lilco this evening!! handling my tackle,,,the elements,,,the beach,,and a swollen bladder! well,,,that was actually relieved!!! ;O) and as for the smelly bait,,,i have actually learned a few pointers from these posts, 1 being,its not good ethics
to be bait fishing in the off season! so opi,,,i think that your views and opinions are a little outdated even for mayberry!

·
Registered
32 Posts
hey Stripe sure thing.. i take him all over with me,, he loves the beach!! he even has webbed feet!! anyways nice talking , hopefully will see you soon! im getting ready for a great season! I hope you are also!:)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
striperchick,

please reread my post. you seemed to have misunderstood much of what i was saying.

the only claim i made about women as surfcasters - is that they are far fewer than in other types of fishing. the main question i asked - is why?

then i asked about possible reasons why. i think this is a worthwhile topic to discuss, and for the record i would like to see more women take up the sport.

obviously, you are an exception. nevertheless, as a woman perhaps you can contribute some insight as to why this is so.

you have also avoided answering the question i asked you. i wanted to know why, if all you wanted was surfcasting info, did you even bother to identify yourself as a woman?

when you and bassbabie identified yourselves as
women and posted attractive photos of yourselves in party dresses, you opened the door to all sorts of peripheral discussion and speculation. if you didn't expect that, you should have.

as for my "who is hotter poll", that is my normal reaction when i am shown 2 pictures of what i perceive to be attractive, single women in party dress.

i am opposed to fishing for winter bass at lipa, because i don't think it is good to put any additional strain on an already overly stessed population of bass. but i would be happy to fish with you or bassbabie at another place or time.

set,
opinari

·
Registered
264 Posts
Striperchick writes:
does the newfie love the beach?,,,

Newfie's are water dogs. Anytime they see a lot of water all they want to do is take a dip. I know I have 1.
Also you didn't mention if you caught anything at the outflow. I'm guessing you didn't. If you fished the evening(16)I'm guessing you fished from 5-9P. If so thats not really the best tide to be fishing there. Outgoing especially late night outgoing tide seems to be best tide for that area.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Thats the Surfrats for you, Surfrats RULE!!. I used look foward to the winter postings on the old board in the fishing report section, they were really funny. I enjoy reading some of the off topic stuff, which reminds me wheres Capt. Walt been? Now theres a guy that'll post some entertaining stuff in the winter. Hey Walt down for some " name that tune '?
"In the morning you go gunn'in for the man that stole your water "

It helps the cabin fever
Alan

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey OPI.... im writing this to clear up a few things here ,, first of all i am trying to learn about surf fishing, 2nd,, i read just about everything on here to try and get pointers, but on this board there comes on a time ,, and it is alot! lol that we get sideswiped by other convo... so i join in and try to get a little humor,, as for me being in a contest with striper chick,,, ummmm! i don't think so,, the gal is probaly about 20 years younger then I and im certainly not here to be voted on, i don't think she has to much competition with me to worry about, as for the party dress, well its about 2 of my 3 pics i have of myself and posted it only because i was called everything from a transvestite to a guy,, also on the other post is a pic of me and my kids, yes OPI im a mom,, and a fisherman (gal) also.. and i will tell u again,, im learning,, tips,, spots, sights, bait,terms,lingo what ever you choose to call it! thats about all I can say, and I was told to take it like a man !! hehe so I'm doing just that. and also trying to absorb any info I can on surf fishing! have a good day:)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have to admit that good discussions like these never go on in the spring or fall. It must be winter. Also has anyone caught any sharks lately. I will try Lilco tomorrow at 12:30 till. Northport Rob. Out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
honestly is this something you really want to know? well to tell you the truth,I've gone down to the beach at night Port jeff to be exact, and I froze my a$$ off!! not kidding. dark,cold,no bathrooms,trying to feel for my bait, because i was not prepared. all in all its alot of things, it's much easier off my boat, but I love fishing so much and after catching 3 bass last year, I thought why not give it a try. you gotta remember I always fluked , and now I find it so boring,maybe if more gals tried bass fishing they would go out and walk the sand and freeze and shiver! hahaaha! To be honest I don't think I would try going to the lilco sight, I'm not ready for it, i'll try in the spring. first of all , the first time I went, I went without waders,, wrong!! big mistake. I Know I need to prepare myself, I'm not knocking women but,,,, I really think it's kinda tuff for a gal to do it. I know it's tuff for me, but I am going to give it my best shot! and If I fail I promise you I will post it on the board,, SURF FISHING IS FOR MEN ONLY!! ,,,barbie:)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bassbabie,

yes, i honestly wanted to know.

thank you for your reply.

i have every confidence in your ability to suceed, if are willing to continue to do what it takes.

and if you should decide that it is not for you, then there is no shame in that. nor would that mean that surf fishing is not right for other women,just because you may ultimately decide it is not right for you.

keep in mind that surfcasting is a sport practiced at many different levels of performance, effort and expectations.

bottom line - do what is fun for you.

set,
opinari

·
Registered
47 Posts
StriperChick adn BassBabie,

Can't help with pointers in the winter. Don't enjoy the cold much myself. In the spring and summer that's a different story. If your near long beach every thursday night West end Bait and Tackle has a tornement on Georgia Ave beach. anywhee from 10 to 30 people show up and the majority of us love to show off how much we know regardless who asks. Give it a shot.
Stay warm..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.