NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI....caught a bass the other night that had a red tag all it said was was "REWARD" any body that has any info on this tag would be great. Maby i can by a new catapillar for my boat..(just kidding).

tight lines...Anthony

G

·
Red tags are from the Hudson River Foundation, and the reward is between $25 and $1000 per tag. A friend of mine once got $100 for one of them.

I'm not sure of their adddress of phone # but I'm sure you could easily find them on the web.

The Bassman

·
Registered
457 Posts
You can contact the Hudson River Foundation at www.hudsonriver.org or by phone at 212 924-8290. To be honest, your tag does not sound like an HRF tag. Their tags are yellow, with an I.D. number & an address to send the tag to. It is possible that you caught a fish with an old tag, as the HRF has changed tag styles several times over the years.

Let us know what happens.

Stephen Byrne
NY Bight Editor
Nor'east Saltwater

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
And the do pay. I caught a bass with one of thier tags a few years ago, sent it in with the catch info and they sent a check (pretty quickly too).

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Hi Tom.

Take a look at thier web site: http://www.americanlittoralsociety.org/

They are probably the most popular tagging program for bass currently going today. Over the years I've taken some fish with thier tags in them. You get a nice looking certificate from them when you send in the tag (besure to include all the relevant info such size (length, girth, approx weight), where and when you took it, any defects or other observations etc.)

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.