NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard some you guys clamoring about Storms new "Wildeye" soft plastic lures a while back and the impossibility of finding them. I became obsessed with getting a few of these for myself. It seemed that Sports Authority was stated as being the best bet for them but repeated calls and visits to their locations in the tri-state area proved fruitless. The general consensus was that Storm never anticipated such a large demand for them and that they would be unable to restock their retailers for some time to come. Not willing to give up, I began a campaign to contact smaller, independently owned tackle shops in the hopes that some would still be hiding there yet unnoticed. I finally lucked out! The land where Kayaking reigns supreme and $2,000.00 fly-fishing outfits are the order of the day yielded me a bumper crop of 4" and 6" Bunker and 4" Mullet. I wasn't greedy though, I left a few for you guys if you are able to get to them before they swim out (they look and feel real enough to do just that!) They are at Capital Fishing Tackle 218 W23rd Street (off 7th Avenue) Ph.: 212-929-6132. It's actually a pretty well stocked store that is worth stopping into if you happen to be in the Big Apple. These things look, feel and smell (anisette?) so real I can't wait to use them!

Richard

><}}}}'>

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
There's a new lure coming out from Bomber soon. Can't say exactly what it is (sworn to secrecy ;) ) but it's very sweet!

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
Last fall Bassassasins worked great but the action cannot compare to the Storms. The problem with the Storms is that they get torn up really quick. I am averaging one for every three fish. It is not a big deal since they are so inexpensive, less than a dollar each from Wal-Mart, but the problem is I can't find them to replace them. I am glad I bought so many because my supply is half gone already.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.