NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody want to get together and talk fishing and have a bite to eat and drink. I was thinking it might be a good way to pass some winter days. There are alot of places on the southside that shouldnt be too far too drive. Good to put a name with a face.

THANKS ALOT

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HEY SCALAWAG, HOW ABOUT ONE OF THE PLACES YOU GUYS WERE TALKING ABOUT DOWN AROUND ISLAND PARK OR OCEANSIDE. A WEEKDAY WOULD PROBABLY BE BETTER FOR ME AND LESS CROWDED. HOW ABOUT A MONDAY OR TUESDAY. LETS KICK IT AROUND.

THANKS ALOT

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
The Brickhouse Brewery in Patchogue, LI, has a great Steak and All You Can Drink Beer combination on Thursday nights. My buddies and I usually go there every other week. It winds up costing $25 including a nice tip for putting up with us.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I work nights { 5 pm-12;00 }...This is a good idea but have been working OT {Sat.s} lately due to major work in the building.. I missed the boat show & was supposed to check 2 boats out & havent done that. Where ever you guys decide I'll try my best to make it. If we do this in the Spring Im taking a leave of absence and anytime would work for me, or weekends.
Bill Sullivan spoke of having coffee at captree in another thread that might not be a bad idea, or a joint on Woodcleft.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Allen, I hear ya on the shift work. 2-10pm myself, with only 6 or 7 weekends off per year. I will be going to the Saloon in Long Beach Tues.evening. Let me know when Woodcleft will be on.

THANKS ALOT

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
If for some reason this thread gets buried & cant set something let bump it up and do it defintly do this ..I like the idea of something in the spring when the skiffs are a floatin, maybe pull up to Paddy Mcgees and get ripped off on some clams and drinks or whatever.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Allen,
your right, I barely did 100 hours this year compared to the previous years.Is it the age?
Count me in on when ever it happens to get together,I can just about make it anytime.
"Fishing with an Attitude"

This message was edited by B.Attitude on 1-19-02 @ 3:49 PM

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just hit the big 40 and I am still getting a good 400 hours, heck I am still in the water.

Disclaimer: Not being married anymore helps...

THANKS ALOT

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Solta,
Not being married anymore does help,I'm still married to my beautiful bride for 23 years now.They DO complain a little about the long season.
paulie

"Fishing with an Attitude"

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good for you Paulie, You know they are keepers if they let you do what you enjoy. My girlfriend knows the deal, there aint no question that when I say I,m goin fishin its for real fish, not the bacala.

THANKS ALOT

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. Weeknites are ok. Might have to shoot for 6:30 to 7:00 to give everyone a chance to get there.

Sounds like somewhere along the LIE would appear "neutral" and be equal for the north and south shore guys. Again, adding my two cents, Route 110 or 106/107 may be "reasonable" between the Nassau and Suffolk guys. Boulder Creek in Hicksville? "Major Steakhouse" is nearby and also quite reasonable and may have a better quality of beef? How about March or April to let the word get around?

I'd be coming from Queens but love to make the trip.

Comments?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I LOL'ed when I read Solta's still in the water, good for you, I guess your staying in all year, not a bad idea if the creek dont freeze, this winter has been great so far, tonites below freezing & we got our first taste of snow but average temps are up and 5 day forcast looks good again. Next year there could be another El nin`o

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.