NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
This questions goes to those who fishes many sleepless nights and treks long hours to their favorite fishing grounds - I want to know what keeps you up? For me? junk food, lots of black coffee and 10 minute power naps.
Ok, let?s hear it? How about you? Cough it up guys? ;)

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
831 Posts
well---coming from a guy who you once saw nap on a cement bulkhead---nothing like a power nap and there are few places I can't take one ;)

Seriously---if I'm in the truck and I feel the sandman coming on too strong---I put the seat back and nap if I'm on the beach, and pull into a rest area if I'm on the road. Many of us knew a great guy who died a few years back after falling asleep at the wheel, coming home froma late night of fishing.

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
I don't normally do this, but if neccesary I am able to. I do not drink cofee, nor do I smoke, so that's out. Ask Crash - when we're in teh car, I don't shut up for a second. Hmmm....how can I stay awake? I just dont go to sleep. Simple, huh? I usually catch Z's in the car for a few minute here and there.

·
Registered
588 Posts
you guys don't want me to really tell you but i keep mof balls in a sock on the left side of my window so the bad smell keeps me awoke. i sometimes sit in the car drinking a mug of coffee awaiting for my pole to bend or reel to go off, not a good way but that's my way.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Al:

First things is first. I throw in a big fat dip (Skoal), and let the aroma filter through my nose.

It's funny, once I am outside and smell the ocean (in combination with the Skoal)I never get tired. The anticipation of that potential Cow keeps me alert and ready. Then again, I may be in the minority here :)

Soundfisher

P.S. Easy rule of thumb: If you're too tired to fish, don't fish and don't drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.