NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Administrator
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Date posted
Grey Wood Font Twig Electric blue
April 28, 2002 2:17 AM
Posted by

S.I.saltydog

Report location
New York > > Staten Isle.(Clove Lakes)
Fishing method
Surf

Took my 3 year old Godson on his first fishing trip saturday. Fished Martlings Pond,the place I cut my teeth oh so long ago.

Didn't wanna let the li'l guy down,so we fished for bluegills that were spawning along the shoreline. Nightcrawlers under a bobber was the setup of choice. Managed to catch 3 in a short time to head of the childs attention span at the pass. The Boy's a natural! He took to the rod and reel like a fish to water(pardon the pun)! The joy displayed on that childs face as he reeled in his first fish was truly a beautiful sight,seeming to wash away all the worlds troubles.When I asked the Boy what do we do with the fish,do we take'em home to Nonnas house and have her cook them, he said no we put them back so they can see their mommy. The kids a true conservationist! I just gotta love'em. They say, "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day,Teach a man how to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime".I say,"Take a child fishing and he may some day feed the World". God Bless You Christopher Robin,my new fishing partner! Uncle Eddie Loves You Very Much!

<like href="http://www.noreast.com/postedreports/view.cfm?id=21730" send="false" show_faces="false" width='layout="button_count"'></like>

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.