NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sort of new to surf fishing and was wondering when would be the time to go out and start fishing for stripers?I know the season starts in May and some are still around, but when will the bite start picking up? I landed a few keepers off the beach mid June last season and was wondering if it picks up before that. By the way I do most of my fishing off of R.Moses, fields 4,5, demo,inlet. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
If you want to get into some early season fishing for stripers try looking for some back bay areas like the back of little neck. Oyster bay is another area that can heat up in early April. Try to look for areas with drains and mud flats where the water will be warmer. Stripers will hold in these areas in the early season. Good luck!

Bill Wetzel NYS Licensed Guide

This message was edited by bill on 3-5-02 @ 10:21 PM

·
Registered
190 Posts
The shops over here in Jersey started stocking bloods and sands for the beginning of flounder season last week, so I suppose the shops in NY will do the same. That should mean by next week they should have them.
~tight lines~

~spinfreak~

·
Registered
568 Posts
ha spinfreak are those flounders there yet or not . did you go out today for some an where did you go? it's a week later so now we are close to our season over here but who know's if there going to come in here like a bang on the first week...cat keep us posted! thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.