NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Frank, I am also waiting for someone to add some info on your request. I am an investigator on this subject, and I wonder if the "real costumers" actually buy and use this kind of products. This anti-fouling system seems quuite promissing but I have no feed-back from boat owners. See ya.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Justin....This post has been on for over two months with no response,I have to wonder how good the product really is.I would think if it was worth the money more people would be using it and they would have let us know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's right pals, I am also still waiting for someone to come forward with some words on this antifouling system. As Frank said, I read a lot about it, but no one uses it ... I guess. See ya. JT.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mahi,I don't believe it was for slime but rather for keeping barnacles from forming on the hull and shaft.According to their specs it would cost me between $1500/$1800 to install on my boat,however I would be reluctant to invest that kind of money on a product that nobody seems to know anything about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well Mahi, actually its not sonic but an ultrasonic system to prevent fixation and the formation of a biofilm. If you are interested in the rationale behind this (and this is for you too Frank), please visit www.ipsearchengine.com - This is a patents database in the US, for much I can remember. Please seach for marine anti-fouling or US patents 6209472, 6173669, 5735226 and 6276292. This would give us all the theory, but where in the heck are the users ??

JT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well Hipshot, I guess you have an ultrasonic device in a cabine (external device) for mice pleasure - I guess it may interfere more with a dog hearing system (so I guess you dont have a dog onboard). Actually this ultrasonic anti-fouling device its embedded in the hull, and the transducer emits ultrasonic vibrations (ultrasound) throughout the hull, and theoretically inhibiting the biofilm formation (?!?) and macrocolonization.

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
The title of this discussion both caught my eye & scared the **** out me - how did you guys know that's my mother-in-law's nickname?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.