NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a lifelong Ranger fan but after this weekend and the disgusting effort put forth against the Bruins, I believe they have to do SOMETHING immediately to right this ship.

Fire Tim Renney? Maybe. This team is not responding to him. They are a veteran team but they are in desperate need of direction from a veteran type head coach. A motivator. Old schoold motivation! A kick in the butt.

Trade Jagr? Why not? He has NOT carried or LED this team this year AT ALL! It could be time for a change of scenery for this guy. He looks completely unmotivated this year from the beginning.

Trade for a defenseman? They absolutely need a puck moving "powerplay quarterback" on the blueline. They also need a BIG mean defenseman. This team is too soft on the blueline.

Lundqvist? He is letting in an awful lot of cheapies these days. More and more. Very unlike him!

SOMETHING MUST BE DONE to save this season!

This post edited by Quint1129 03:12 PM 01/20/2008

·
Registered
907 Posts
Quint, I was at the game today, and it was awful! No excuse at all for that kind of showing. I am begining to thing that Jagr is THE problem. He has been a prima donna his whole career. There are rumors of a divided locker room due to a rift with him and another guy. They traded Ward last year because Jagr didn't like him, what are you gonna do now, trade the half of the team siding with the other guy? When they cam back from the lockout, they were a European team. They have gone more towards a North American team and style of play. Jaromir doesn't like that, so his effort is not there. He still can dominate a game like no other when he wants to, the problem is, he never seems to want to. It's begining to look like no playoffs this year.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tautog, I hear ya. The guy is still a great player but he is not playing great. Has not all year. He might need the change of scenery I spoke of before. The Rangers certainly could get some quality players for him. It is not unheard of for a player of his caliber to just stop responding to the coach either. Jagr has been a vocal guy more in the dressing room than on the ice too. I hear he is a major pain in the ass for the coaching staff. I believe the Rangers should be a lock for the playoffs (on paper), but something on the ice has not translated this season. Drury is not playing the way he can either. This team does not show the heart it takes to go anywhere.

This post edited by Quint1129 05:29 PM 01/20/2008

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Lundqvist will be fine. Jagr is another story. He may have his best years in NY behind him. Right now, he is a problem to the team...not the solution. Is he a great player? Of course he is. Do great players get traded? YES!

Depending on what they got back, it could happen. Tom Renney could also be a casualty in the end. This team seems to not be responding to his methods. Not sure what it is but they do need to shake things up on Broadway for sure. They have way too much talent to be where they are.

Sometimes a change of scenery is a big help to get a player back on track....see Joe Thornton.

This post edited by Savvy18 12:37 AM 01/21/2008

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
CoppersCrew wrote:
The have to get rid of Lundqvist. They will never win a cup with him. He is so overrated. Reminds me of Jose Reyes.

OMG. Jose Reyes and Lundquist are fine althletes.

You have to get rid of man-love Renney he's too soft to be a hockey coach. It's the STYLE of play, no pressure on the penalty kill, horrible back checking and a locker room rift between Jagr and others,,, bring some more younger players up from the Wolfpack, start sitting the players who don't play two way hockey and start getting physical at the blue line, keep the middle clogged up. All things this team is not doing right now. That all lies in the coaching...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.