NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first is a group of copies of Leo Coopers goo goo eyes, I've through wired these for added strength ( the originals used screw eyes)

Next up is a copy of a Capt'n Bills swimmer done in Whiting, with fin embellishments that were showed to me by an old time wire line high liner back in the early 80's.. below them are 5 and 4.5" bottle plugs...

below these are a trio consisting of a swimmer I made with a rattle in the head and glow in the dark eyes....

Below that is another rendition of a Russo flaptail, all attachments( including the brass spinner on the tail) were hand made ( by me) and not bought or machined in a shop...

below that is a 5" "blind" danny..

Below those are a Giant pikie copy donr in "Goldfish" which was a rare but attractive color done by the CCBCO.

Under that, a slightly different rendition of the whiting rigged Capt'n Bills swimmer

under that a copy of a 6" striper pikie done in blue flash..

Lastly, a trio of giant jointeds, the top two, copies oif the CCBCO Giant pikie, they measure 12" ( less hooks and bill) and weigh 4 ounces.. below that is a fat version of a eel swimmer I've been building for years, I've run the wire low on this plug and addd ballast to the belly and tail, it has a much lazier action than the prior ones I've built, I designed this for night when there is alot of fire and I need a plug that doesnt have too much action.. I have also fitted this plug with a rattle, it weighs a touch over 3 ounces...

Attachments

·
Registered
981 Posts
Well, Joe...looks like you're having some fun ressurecting some of those earlier designs...I was always a big fan of the Goo Goo eyes line and that Cap't Bill's plug would be mighty fine swimming at night at Sow 'n Pigs reef south of Cuttyhunk...betcha some of those bass boat charter skippers would love to lay hands on some of those...fine work as always.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.