NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jerry K, Morgan L and I ventured out to the show on Sunday. We got there as the doors opened and left at closing.

Really an awesome show. We got to meet, chat, and tie some flies with such luminaries as Bob Popovics, Jack Gartside,Dave Skok, Mark Sedotti, and John Comiski to name a few. I made it through about 3/4 of the booths.

Another big memorable highlight was a private seminar with casting guru, author, and instructor Ed Jaworski. Many of you know him from his book "The Cast" a landmark work on casting physics and fundamentals, or his most recent book "Troubleshooting the Cast". Limited to 6 students, it was supposed to go from 1:30 to 3:30. We were still going until after 5PM! We all learned alot and had a turn to cast and get critiqued by Ed and the group. I quickly learned that moving your rod fast is velocity but NOT acceleration. Once corrected it was like a light bulb going off.

I can hardly wait for next year. Here's a few pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
So What did you buy?

I presently have a moratorium on spending. A decree handed down by my CFO.
So now not only will I live vicariously through your fishing exploits but also by what new angling /tying implements you have acquired. This goes out to every longwander out there!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really only bought a few trinkets...since I purchased a bench/vise in late 2007....you know tying materials,thread bobbins for $2,bottles of colored E-Z Epoxy and a new oversize flybox for the boat.

I did see lot's of shiny custom reels($850-$1200), finely crafted bamboo rods to $2500, gizmos, gadgets, clothing, trips and some really outstanding artwork...all for those with the bling. It was hard to restrain myself at times.

My trip partner Gerry did point out that we didn't see too many folks walking around with new rods...nor did we see any great price savings in that category.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Didn't make it this year. Was kinda disappointed last year so that weighed heavy on me with the price of gas too. Sorry I missed meeting Bob P. and the rest I usually say Hi to at the show. Maybe next year.

ArtsNFlies.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.