NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've been to the Maine camps several times. Never know when the fish will be biting, of course, but it sure can be a good time. Fish or no fish. Cheap night out too. Last year, if I remember right, the fee was $8.00 per person, That included the first round of bait. Shacks are rather rustic to say the least. Don't know if I would compare one with my living room, lol...I've got a list of phone #'s . There are several sites. Let me know if you need the #'s. Good Luck, roger...Also, I have been there without a bite & other times, filled a 6 gal bucket!!!

This message was edited by rogerpc on 12-15-01 @ 5:27 PM

·
Registered
40 Posts
Rich,
I have tried for smelt twice this month with no results.I tried in New London and Mystic,however I didn't put much time into it.I have been told that a fisherman was in Noank on one of the Spicer docks last winter with a respectful catch.
You can definitely increase your odds by fishing at night with a lantern and don't forget the chum.Both of my tries were daytime,I'm going to give it a try some night,I'll let you know how I make out.I have also been trying for tomcod with no luck.The stripers have been keeping me busy in the Thames River and haven't had the time to devote to the smelt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.