NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any wholesale/discount websites for terminal tackle?? The Sampo stuff is very expensive in my mind, 1 500lb coastlock swivel for 6 or 7 bucks can get pretty costly. They only sell them in quantities of 1?? Amongst other stuff...Anyone??

Anyone getting a good deal on this type of stuff?

Thanks

·
Registered
643 Posts
You can try blueoceantackle http://www.blueoceantackle.com/longline_snaps_and_branch_hangers.htm

or even charkbait.com

Both have commercial longliner supplies, but blueocean is clearly in the commercial fishing supply.

Still, 1100 pound bb swivels for $1.50 ea isn't bad (you just need 100 of them).

I buy mono for my shark rigs from them (I use it instead of 49 strand). It is 600 pound longliner line, and much thicker than standard leader. I've never had a shark get through it. Anyway, they will deal with you as long as you stick to their mins.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Boborusky wrote:
What do you need such a heavy swivel for? Is it for a harpoon dart cable or a flying gaff cable?

No, main line to Offshore loop 49 strand shark rig.

·
Registered
13,647 Posts
NewLove for shark fishing I like the ***** #8 at 300 pound. The "regular" ball bearing snaps in the 2nd. photo cost about 1/2 of what you are being quoted for on the larger. Usually sold 2 to a pack in the neighborhood of $6. The Tournament swivels shown in the 1st. picture cost a little more. You can also get them both, but hard to find, in a larger pack of around 20-24 or so and save a little that way.

MakoMatt

This post edited by MakoMatt 05:55 AM 01/28/2008

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.