NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YA-KNOW,,I'm pretty happy we had no ice~with all the reservoirs being closed!!woulda' been a sad day in "mudville"!!This weekend I'm traveling up to Vermont,in search of my first pike thru the ice!how bout' some pointers?It's a long trip,and I'd like to be kinda prepped for arrival!
THANX FOR NE INFO~!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey Killa..

Yea, I missed cross river this year.

Pike huh, Its probally one of the more difficult times to get em on ice. They will be deeper now then early ice, they'll be feeding on winter kill and weak bait fish. Key is going to be identifing what bait to use. Quick set rigs are a must. You don't have to wait for them to eat it then. Try stuffing a little cork or styrofoam down a dead fish too, It'll float off the bottom a hair then.

Theres also the jigging route. BIG flapping twister tails and Mega tubes work great. Then there's your stand by jiggn rapalas.

What you must be careful of is the line on the ice, a nice pike will take off once he sees the hole. If your line gets caught on any sharp ice or your cleats? SNAP, gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.