NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finish building a second surf rod. A Lamiglas GSB 120 -1L with metallic green under wrap and black over wrap with gold bands. I would like to put my signature in silver or gold coloring. What is the best method of signing a blank? Do I use a paint, decal,tape?
Thanks in advance

Tag & Release
Tiderunner

· Registered
10,712 Posts
Hi Tiderunner,

I am the worst person to answer this question!!

I have tried the DecoColor pens and others. What a mess I make especially on small diameter blanks. A fellow RodCrafter has great lettering using these pens. HE cheats!!!! His wife does the lettering, beautifully.

I use rub on Chartpak letters, available from Midland tackle, Clemens tackle and other catalogs.

Some buy custom decals. Clemens sells them also.

There is also foil and heat pens.

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

· Registered
10,712 Posts
Tiderunner,

If you are into PC's, some rod builders are printing their own decals using an ALPS printer and associated software. The rod building sites have many threads about this topic in their archives.

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

G

·
Tiderunner
re the Alps printer, for most it is an expensive proposition and unless you build a lot of rods not worth the cost,however there are a number of companies that will make you decals using the printer,the lowest cost would be www.decalconnection.com they use water slide paper which is the same brand I use for my decals.
John

· Registered
151 Posts
Captnielf

I recently called Midland Tackle ,I got a message that the number is no longer in service. Also called directory assistance and they have no listing. Are the still in Business? If so please attach the number so i can contact them once again.

always gottafly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.