NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we see who's around? Where do you live & where do you fish? What are you working on these days?

I'm located about 40 minutes from the Cape Cod canal...chase stripers whenever I can get out...I've got two lures ready for repaint, one's a salt water size spoon that I plan to do some brushwork on and the other's a swimmer that I've taken the finish off and will throw a little spray around & see what I get...(if you look close on the plug you'll see the weedguard in the bucktail...took it off a freshwater musky lure & it should help me get into some weedbed areas along Naushon Island that i'm pretty sure hold big bass but have too much "salad" around for regular hooks...here are the "befores" & I'll put up the "afters" one of these days...(maybe once I finish the list of stuff around the house that I put off all summer...)

Jerry Vovcsko,
East Bridgewater, Ma

· Registered
9 Posts
I live about 9 miles from the manasquan inlet.I've made some danny knock-offs this year but they as of yet untested. I've got so many other plugs like everyone else its tough to get started making new ones.

· Registered
151 Posts
I live 10 miles north of Jones beach, Fish both North and South shore of Long Island. Fly Fish North Shore alot in spring. Fish Montuak, Fire Island Inlet to Atlantic Beach rest of the year. Also as soon as my living room is completed,I will be carving and posting plugs for you viewing pleasure and entertainment.

always gottafly

· Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also as soon as my living room is completed,I will be carving and posting plugs for you viewing pleasure and entertainment...

Geez, Gottafly, I dunno about that...you sure your wife is gonna want you carving plugs in the living room? ;):):):)

Jerry Vovcsko,
East Bridgewater, Ma

· Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Toss lipped wood in black and gold right on the rocks and drag it back to the boat

Rocks? What rocks? There are no rocks in Yarmouth...we stole 'em all and dropped them in Woods Hole, around Nobska...the islands, :(:( ...Yarmouth is all sand now, no fish either, they all migrated west toward Falmouth...the stripers are hiding in the rocks around Quicks & Robinson's Hole...better send me all your plugs and I'll take 'em down there and feed the leetle fishies...here fish, fish, fish....;););)

Jerry Vovcsko,
East Bridgewater, Ma

This message was edited by Jerryvov on 12-6-01 @ 9:34 PM

· Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome Thom T. I drop in once in a while on the Ct. Stripers board and I hear there's some very fine striper action over there on the river...visit us often as you can and I think you'll enjoy looking at some of the stuff these guys are turning out at their workbenches.

Jerry Vovcsko,
East Bridgewater, Ma

· Registered
9 Posts
I live 2 towns away from Jerry. I fish the Cape Cod Canal and Buzzards Bay and Cape Cod Bay. Sometimes the outer beaches as well. This past year I took alot of fish on jigs but next year I will be casting alot of my own creations.

C:\My Documents\Pictures\downloaded pictures\pikieandneedle.JPG

· Registered
49 Posts
I live about quarter mile from the surf in Spring Lake NJ. So I mainly fish the central jersey surf, but I did get a chance to get up to CC this year for a week. Started making plugs about a month ago and I am looking into a lathe now. I like it. Board looks good so far Jerry. Have you figured out how you're gonna handle that boat by yourself yet? :)

· Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you figured out how you're gonna handle that boat by yourself yet?

Now that you mention it, BA, the first thing I'm going to do is invite you Jersey guys visiting the Cape next year to give me a shout & let me know when you're going to be up aaround this way...if you're willing to lend a hand on the winch & the launch, I'll show you a couple of spots along the islands that you may find interesting... ;)
Aside from that, I'm still pondering the situation & I'll have a better fix on it after the boatmeister at the yard translates my ideas into $$$...already itching for some warm weather & a chance to get back out there....

Jerry Vovcsko,
East Bridgewater, Ma

· Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BA...no way do those two look like first efforts...that's some first class work...you guys who've been posting are setting high standards with your paint jobs and that scale work is remarkable...how many wives do you suppose are wondering where their fishnet stockings went? Thanks for the pics...looking forward to the next batch, :):):)

Jerry Vovcsko,
East Bridgewater, Ma

· Registered
321 Posts
I live in Fairfield County (CT), but keep my boat in the Mystic Area. Moved back here just over a year ago after spending 4 trying years geographically the furthest I could be from any ocean (Minn)while still in the US. Spent every weekend from mid-July through mid-September offshore. My winter project has been trying my hand at crafting my own offhore lures. The first 20 resin heads that I've turned out have been time-consuming, but boy are they nice.

· Registered
415 Posts
I live on the northshore of Long Island,
fish both north and south shores, Tie jigs and flies, Have been tying for about fifteen years.Catch bass,blues,fluke,weaks,and many others, on my jigs,and it is great to catch on something you made.
Bob

· Registered
131 Posts
I live on the southern end of Long Beach Island NJ,fish out of LE inlet,Own a Pursuit 2150. I would like to get info on making offshore trolling lures and teasers, cause I plan on trolling for blues, tuna, etc. this year.I also know of some hot sppots for weakies in the bay area,on grass shimp for bait, not all keepers, but a lot of fun.

· Registered
222 Posts
Hey everyone I live on Long Island about 10 miles from captree, but I go to school in Southampton. I fish mainly captree and huntington when Im home and I fish the Hamptons when Im at school, I got the best of both worlds. I prefer fishing "out east" because there is so much opportunity at my little known spots! I just got into making my own lures, I havent yet made any poppers or plugs, but I poured and tied a ton of bucktails and teaser hooks. I plan on turning a popper sooner or later (hopefully sooner than later!!)

Greggie

· Registered
32,144 Posts
North Shore Long Island - Kings Park. Primarily fish the Nissequoge River from shore with occasional trips out of Freeport to the Canyon on my friend's boat.

Heading for Venezuela in March for some sail fishing.

· Registered
5 Posts
I live in Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania (south central part of the state), originally from Port Jefferson on Long Island. Miss the shore and plan on coming back once or twice a year (if not for good). Going to Rhode Island this summer. I just started to develop an interest in surfcasting and plug making. I find this site very helpful.

Barney

· Registered
107 Posts
I live in central Suffolk County on Long Island. Fish Democrat Point on Fire Island inlet in the Spring. Then it's on to Moriches Inlet for most of the Summer. There will be the occasional trip to Montauk for Fluke off the beach at Shagwon in July. Come September it's Camp Hero and the South side of Montauk until it gets too cold or Moriches goes wild in the late Fall. Life is good! Just getting into lure making. I've got a Rockwell lathe in the garage that is just screeming at me to turn some plugs. Hope I don't loose a finger:).

John
Ronkonkoma,NY

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.