NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
When I lived up there I was out of Ponguoge Marina,10 minutes to the Inlet.

Nice thing about Shinny is that can you fish Peconic Bay by going through the locks, also and if you feel the need, Montauk is only 35 miles.

Great options, good fishing area and mostly very nice people.

If I still lived up there that's the place I would be.

Good bay fishing also.

This post edited by baywatch 09:07 AM 01/06/2008

·
Registered
3,590 Posts

Shinny is where it's at and where I've been for the past 10 yrs since I moved here from Moriches! Way less craziness than Moriches.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
I come out of Jamesport over in peconic bay but most of my summer and fall fishing is inside or outside of Shinne****.

Frigate I see you running through the basyet all the time. I really like your rig

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
tunaorlater wrote:
Did Jacksons sell? I heard rumor of it becoming condo's.
I believe they sold last year. My friend was joking about buying them they were forsale for $13 Mil. He said with the dockage alone it would pay the mortgage.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Frigate wrote:
Reelfisher,

Thank you.

Tunaorlater,

As of yesterday they have not closed. Making the place condo's will be hard to do.

I thought the same thing. Theres alot more water there than land.

Floyd, Hows our friend Richie the nurse these days?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Hey guys just wanted to chime in I also fish Shinne****. I dock my boat in Peconic @ a private house but I always head over to Shinny for nice fluke & bass probally 3 trips a week. This year I purchased a second boat 23' Aquasport that I am gonna leave over in Shinne**** bay for some easier fishing trips & less fuel.
I move my boat over to Soleau's wharf @ the inlet in Nov/Dec for easier access to ocean & less fuel consumation & oh yeah a warmer ride home. Good luck to all & tight lines

·
Registered
855 Posts
Ultimately most of the privately held waterfront property out that way will end up being either mansions, upscale condos, or extremely expensive marinas that most of us will not be able to afford. The current housing crisis may slow that conversion down, but give it another 20 years and that will happen.

There are some locations out there where the government has already stepped in and purhcased waterfront property that will remain as undeveloped parks (mostly on Montauk), and perhaps there are a handful of locations where that may still happen. Otherwise, say goodbye to it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Seajay2 wrote:
Ultimately most of the privately held waterfront property out that way will end up being either mansions, upscale condos, or extremely expensive marinas that most of us will not be able to afford. locations where that may still happen. Otherwise, say goodbye to it.

It may. I personally hope that won't be the case. Town of Southampton has been buying properties to preserve as "affordable" access to the water.

If all else fails I'll begrudgingly go back to using the ramp ;)

Joe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.