NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Floyd Bennett Field yesterday and saw a notice from the Parks Dept. about sewage dumping in the bay. Starting the 10th until the 12th the NYC Sanitation Dept. will be working on the 26th Ward's (Starett City) sewage treatment plant and the 30 million tons of sewage will be discharged into the bay each day. They warn that this will be a dangerous situation and that no one should be in or on the water for those three days and for the week following.

The notice said to call the Sanitation Dept. for any information; sorry don't have the number handy.

Good Luck
Kelly Beaton

·
Registered
612 Posts
why cant these a** holes just wait 2 months when 90% of the fishing is a memory for the bay ?I am sure the people coming fishing that week will be glad to hear we have to throw fish back cause they ate crap for 3 days straight.

tight lines...Anthony

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wow, thank you Mr. EPA-man for pre-seasoning my fish. REAL thoughtful. Couple of rocket scientists out there.

Will make it much easier for us to catch fish when they are floating on TOP of the water

This message was edited by topgun228 on 10-11-01 @ 10:58 AM

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh My God that really SUCK* I love to fish in Jamica Bay! They should do it somewhere elce. Why don't they dump it hundreds of miles out into the ocean? Jamaica Bay has all diffrent speces of fish, I don't wantt see then floating on top of the water!

Chris Ranieri

Have fun,
SeaShark

This message was edited by SeaShark on 10-11-01 @ 3:12 PM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.