NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Floyd Bennett Field yesterday (10-6)to fish; no luck there, but I did see a notice from the National Parks Dept. The 26th Wards (Starett City) sewage plant will be shut down for repairs from 10-10 to 10-12 and that 30 million tons of sewage will be dumped into Jamaica Bay each of those days. They warn to stay out of the bay for those three days and for the week of the 15th.

The noticed said that for information call the NYC Sanitation Dept. (don't have number, sorry).

Don't know how far this is supposed to stretch; is the mouth of the harbor or Ambrose Channel off limits also? If I catch something is it safe to eat after a full meal of "sewage"?

Good Luck
Kelly Beaton

·
Registered
2 Posts
If that much sewage is pumped into the bay you wont have to worry about your catch being contaminated cause you wont have any fish to catch. All that waste is the equivalent of several brown tides which will kill all the O2 in the water. Stick to the ocean side for several tide cycles and hope for a storm to flush the crap out of the bay. Good luck. I'll call you when the run here is on.
Frank

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.